Chapter 11

After school I went to the gardens with Alayla and Lorea to see Syca. I smiled as we walked knowing I had friends who had my back.

"Is it true you can hear what plants say Kyra?" Lorea asked as we walked.

"Yeah. Thats why I love Syca so much. Shes been there since I started going to this school." I said.

"Thats cool prin- I mean Kyra. I have the ability to heal anyone I touch." Alayla told us.

"I can read minds." Lorea said with a smile.

I laughed as Alayla had an expression of shock on her face. I wish it could be like this all the time.

We reached the gardens and a wave of relaxation washed over my body. I was happy Alayla was able to heal my best friend. I dont know what i would have done if not for the girls by my side stopping me.

"Hey Syca. How are you doing?" i asked placing my hand on her trunk.

"Im better now that your friend healed me. So please dont worry. You have wonderful friends by your side Kyra." she said.

The three of us sat down and just talked with Syca about everything that was happening. Well they asked questions and i would translate whatever Syca said.

After a while Lorea got a call from her dad so the three of us said bye to Syca and headed home for the night.

We reached Lorea's street and we said bye as she walked away. On my way home i found that Alayla lived a few houses away from my apartment. We said our goodbyes and i walked inside.

Walking inside, I found my place extra clean then it normally is. I sat my bag on the table cautiously as i looked around the room. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a knife. Turning, i herd a noise come from my bedroom. I slowly walked towards the closed door with the knife ready in my hand to defend myself.

I opened the door and was met by a girl in a black cloak. Seeing her made me scream which caused her to scream as well. Once we had both stopped she looked at me and I realized who it was.

"Sister Mary. What are you doing in my house?" I asked setting the knife on my dresser.

"Hello Kyra. The sisters told me where you were staying and I thought I'd pay you a visit. You see, I was gone when you left and I only returned yesterday."

"But how did you get in sister?"

"When i knocked on your door, it opened and so I came in and found it to look like someone had robbed you. Your clothing was all over the place with food on the kitchen floor and your living room to be destroyed. I felt that I needed to clean it before you came home. I also wanted to make sure the person was not still here waiting to hurt you." She explained as she folded the last of my clean laundry.

"Oh sister. That sounds just like you." I said grabbing her hands. "I've missed you so very much Sister Mary."

"And I've missed you Kyra. I must say though, you've made quit a living for yourself here. How is school going?" She asked as we walked into the living room. We then proceeded to sit at the table that held my bag from school.

"Um...it's been okay so far...I guess." I stuttered to find my words. I couldn't tell her about my black wings. She might leave and call me the spawn of the devil or something worse.

"Why do you stutter child? Is there something you can't tell me?" she asked gently grabbing my left hand.

"I guess you can say that. I just don't want you to think ill of me sister."

"My dear child...You're the daughter of god so I shall never think any less of you." She said with a smile. "Do you wish not to talk about your wings?"

"You already knew?!" I asked shocked. She nodded her head and smiled.

"Of course I know. You're quit famous now that you have black wings. There's not an angel alive who doesn't know who you are. But don't let that frighten you child. It means you are only special in gods eyes. For I know he has a plan for you that will better the world in the end. Have faith in our creator." She said with a genuine and gentle smile.

"I will sister Mary. I'm really glad that you stopped by to see me. It means a lot."

"Of course dear Kyra. I will always be on your side. I'm simply sorry the church kicked you out just because of this. You would think that they would understand your situation and give you the benefit-of-a-doubt." 

I smiled and agreed politely. I was truly happy that she came to see me after all this time but a part of me had this uneasy feeling like she was here for some other reason to see me.

As the evening went on, sister Mary and I talked about her trip around the world and all the interesting things she discovered on her way. It soon got dark and so sister Mary left. 

I sighed and sat back down at the table. My mind ran a mile a minute about what her true intentions were about the visit she payed me. Did she really just want to check on me and see how I was doing...or was there a hidden motive under the visit?