Chapter 6

All of lunch i was terrified that those men would show up again. i kept a close eye on my surroundings as i ate. After lunch i went into the gardens to see Syca.

I quickly climbed up to about the half way point and looked down. i sighed as i rested my back on her trunk. i felt my body relaxing from knowing that i was safe.

"What's wrong my dear? You seemed frightened." Syca asked with a concerning voice.

I brought my knees to my chest and softly cried. "Men tried to force me to talk. They were trying to shoot an amber liquid into my bloodstream. They said it would make me talk and tell them the answers they were looking for."

"Oh my! I'm so sorry dear. I can understand your fear. I hope they didn't cause you to have too much pain."

"The principle came in and stopped them before they could inject me." I said as more tears rolled down my checks.

"Well that's good news. I promise Mr. White won't let anything happen to you. It's his policy to keep his students safe at all times no matter there history."

"Are you sure Syca? i feel like i can't trust anyone." i said wiping my tears away.

"Have i been wrong yet my dear?"

"No." I said with a smile. "Ok Syca. i trust you with all my heart. So i will trust the principle too."

"That's my strong girl." Now go on back to class. The teachers will want to know you're ok."

"Alright." I jumped down from branch to branch until i reached the ground. i turned back around and smiled. "I love you Syca."

"I love you too."

i walked back inside and down the many hallways until i reached my class. I opened the door and everyone turned to look at me. When my teacher asked where i was, i told her i was in the front office. Some of the others kids vouched for me by saying i was called over the PA system.

I sat at my desk and looked at Lorea. She looked at me with a smile that was gentle and kind. I smiled back and turned forward so i could learn the lesson that was planned by the teacher.

-------------after school-----------------------

I stretched my arms above my head and as i brought them down i covered my mouth as a yawn escaped from my lips. i swung my bag as i hummed a tune that was stuck in my head. While i seemed like i was care free, i watched and listened for anything that may indicate i was being followed.

i spun so that i was walking backwards. When i saw no one, i turned back around to be met with someone standing in front of me. I blinked a few times in shock before i realized who stood before me.

"Hey Kyra." Dustin said with a smile.

"Hey Dustin. Funny seeing you here." I said with a smile and a lite laugh.

"I was just on my way to see my dad. What about you?" he asked.

"I'm on my way to the store. I need to get food so i have something to eat." I laughed.

"Can i ask you something Kyra?" he asked very seriously.

"Of course." i said a little concerned. "What is it?"

I tilted my head to the side as i looked at him. He raised his face and looked me in the eyes. His green eyes had a look of determination as they hid behind his black glasses. His body was stiff and his breathing was low. My mind instantly went to him asking me out.

"Kyra....." He started out with. My body was frozen while my mind ran a mile a minute about what he was going to say. "I want you stay away from Lorea."

My mind went blank. i was certain he was going to ask me out but instead.....he wants me to stay away from Lorea......

"I don't understand." i said with confusion written on my face.

"I know about the history of the ones before you. They all went against god and did horrifying things. I have only to think that you will follow in their footsteps. Lorea doesn't need a dark angel befriending her and dragging her to defy god. Make yourself useful and stay away from her and the other angels. That's the only way to insure that you not be killed."

"What are you saying?" I yelled. "You don't know me! How can you predict my future just because of the past? I have no plan to defy god and to EVER hurt Lorea. She's the only angel to keep me by her side! Everyone else fears me because of the ones before me. And to say that staying away from her will insure my life! Just who are you to say that? You have no right to make threats about taking my life!" I screamed with frustration.

"I have every right! I'm the one who has to keep everyone safe. And that means i will have to kill you if you defy god!"

"Do you seriously think i want this life? i wanted to be a messenger or a warrior but because my name means dark ruler, all those dreams i had slipped from my fingers. I believe god made me for a reason.....but i doubt it was so i could ruin the world he has created for us."

"Believe what you will. Just stay away from Lorea and the others or i WILL kill you." he said as he started to walk away.

"You can go suck it! i refuse to listen to someone who knows nothing!" he stopped and turned to me in anger. But it didn't matter. "I don't care what you or anyone else thinks! My actions defy my future and no one is going to change that! So if you want to kill me then go ahead. I'm right here! But no one is going to tell me to stay away from the people i care about." i yelled with my hands held into fists.

His face was red with anger. I walked towards him showing no fear. As i pasted him i smiled. "Have a good day Dustin. I will see you in class tomorrow." And i continued walking. i didn't turn back. I just kept walking with my head held high and a smile knowing that i had won the battle.