Chapter 12

I screamed as i opened my eyes and shot up into a sitting position in my bed. Sweat ran down the side of my face. I told myself it was just a dream. 

My nightmare was about losing Alayla and Lorea. I had watched them die in front of me for just being my friends. 

I wiped away the sweat  from my face and forehead and took a deep breath to calm myself down. i got out of bed and went to my bathroom. I looked in the mirror and saw that my hair was a mess. I sighed with a smile. 

I grabbed my hairbrush from the drawer and looked back into the mirror only to find the shadow of a figure standing behind me. I screamed as I dropped everything in my hand. i quickly turned around and found nothing behind me. i breathed heavily and turned back to look into the mirror. The figure was gone but my heart was raising like crazy.

Was what I saw real or was I just seeing things due to the nightmare I had. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to clam myself down. i slowly opened my eyes to see only myself in the mirror. I smiled as I picked up my hairbrush from the floor. I brushed my hair and styled it the way I always do. 

I walked into my room and opened my closet. I picked out a pair of tight blue jeans and a light pink shirt that has a crown made of beads of jewels. Of course the jewels were fake but they shown bright when sunlight hit them in just the right angle. 

I walked out of my house and to my surprise Alayla was nowhere to be seen. I walked down the stairs with caution in case I might be in trouble. I found no one even close to my apartment. I shrugged my shoulder and walked to meet Lorea.

"Hey Lorea." i said with a smile.

"Oh hey Kyra. Where's Alayla?" she asked concerned. 

"I don't know. She didn't meet me at my apartment like she normal does."

"I hope she's ok."

"Yeah, I hope so too." I said as we started to walk to school.

Our way to school was like it always is. We talk about some random topic as we laugh and just have a nice conversation. As we walked into the school building, a rush of fear came over my body and i has no idea why.

I looked around at everyone trying to find what could cause this rush. I saw Amanda and Dustin talking to each other but that wasn't the reason for this fear. It felt much bigger like something was stolen from me but i don't know what.

"Are you ok Kyra?" Lorea asked as she stood in front of me.

"I don't know. Something feels off. Almost like something was stolen from me."

"What are you talking about Kyra? Did something happen?"

"That's just it...i don't know." i said looking around her.

"It's probably nothing. Lets go see Syca." she said with a smile.

"Yeah okay."

We walked to Syca and i hoped that this feeling would go away but it never did.

"Hey girls." Syca said.

"Hey Syca. How are you doing?" Lorea asked.

"I'm doing fine dear. Where is Alayla?"

"I don't know. She wasn't waiting for me like she normally is." I told Syca.

"She's probably not feeling to well or is maybe sick." Syca told me.

I smiled and told Lorea what Syca said and she agreed. 

Once we said our goodbyes we walked to class. Walking in, we saw that Alayla was nowhere to be seen again. I sighed and we sat down in our seats that are separated from the rest of the class.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school I went by Alayla's apartment to see if she was alright. But when I knocked on her door, no one answered. I looked through the window and saw no lights on.

"Alayla? It's me, Kyra. Are you home?"

No one answered and i turned around to go home.

"My dear, are you looking for Alayla?" An elderly woman asked as she sat on her porch.

"I am ma'am. Do you know where she might have gone?"

"I saw her leave for school this morning but she hasn't come back from what I've seen." the elderly woman told me.

"Ok. Thank you for telling me ma'am." I said before walking away.

I walked away with an uneasiness in my heart. Something wasn't right here. If she left for school this morning and didn't show up...where could she have gone? I mean, she couldn't have gotten lost...could she?

After contemplating, I decided that I was going to go around town and look for her. I pray that she's safe. I would kill anyone who would even dare touch/harm her.

As I walked around town, I didn't see anything that might seem like Alayla was there. I shouted her name after every corner and I looked down every ally way. Where could she have gone?

I continued looking until my feet began to hurt. I was so scared as to what could have happened to her. My worst fear was that she was dead, but I felt that I would feel/know if that was true. I started to walk home as tears slowly ran down my cheeks. 

"Where are you Alayla?" I muttered as I walked into my house. "Please be alright."