Chapter 18

After class, Lorea and I waited outside the classroom for Aiden. Neither of us said a word while we waited. There was nothing that needed to be said. We just looked at each other and nodded knowing what would happen once we left the school grounds. Aiden walked out of his classroom with a smile and it made me relax a little.

"Hey guys. How was class?" he asked as we walked towards the front of the school building.

"We learned who my father was." I said kind of shy. I know Aiden has black wings but he may run away if he finds out my dad is THE LUCIFER!

"Really, who?" he asked cocking his head to the side. We all stopped in the middle of the hallway. I sighed and spoke softly hoping to god no one else would hear me.

"Lucifer." i said just above a whisper.

His eyes shone bright with excitement. His mouth was slightly open and his hands were clasped together in front of his chest.

"Really?" he asked taking a step forward.

"Y-yeah..." i said rubbing the back of my neck.

"That's amazing Kyra!" he said grabbing my hands. My body relaxed knowing he was still my friend. I should have known better. "I wish I knew my parents." he said a little down.

"You don't know who your parents are?" Lorea finally spoke up. Aiden shook his head and lowered his head with a sad look on his face.

"I was raised by a church on the East side of town along with three other boys. I was always treated differently because both my parents were fallen angels. That's all I know about them."

"Maybe we should ask Mr. Kemp? He knows a lot about the history of angels and other things too." I said trying to cheer my friend up. Aiden rose his head up and looked at me with a small smile.

"That's okay Kyra. I've gotten used to not knowing who my parents are. Besides, they aren't me and I have no plan in following after them. I want to be a warrior!" He said proud at the end.

Lorea and I gave a small chuckle before we continued out of the building. The minute we hit the entrance, I looked around and saw no one in sight. I sighed heavily causing Aiden to become worried.

"Is everything okay?" he asked standing in front of Lorea and myself.

"Dustin Right and Amanda Damage from our class challenged us in the middle of class." I told him still looking all around.

"What did they say?"

"Nothing." Lorea said answering for me. "They simply stood up after hearing about Kyra's father and looked at us with fire in their eyes. They were clearly challenging us to a fight so we stood up too ready."

"Yeah, but Mr. Kemp stopped the fight before it even began." I finished.

"Let me guess, no fighting on campus?" Aiden asked hitting the nail right on the head.

"Yeah. But I knew the minute we step off campus, they would attack. And this is us being ready to fight." I told him.

"But only if we have to. I don't like violence." Lorea said taking the first step off campus.

She walked about five feet off campus and turned around to look at us. No one attacked her and I was so glad that my friend was safe. Next Aiden walked out about eight feet past Lorea and looked around. He turned to me with a smile and a sigh of relief escaped from my lips. I got about three feet out past Lorea when a fireball was hurled my way. I quickly dodged and we all looked to see where it came from.

There stood Amanda with her white wings showing and another fireball in her left hand ready to throw at me. She threw it and Lorea pushed both of us out of the way. We fell to the ground and Aiden came rushing towards us to make sure that we weren't hurt.