Chapter 10

I waited for Alayla to finish with her shower so that we could get to school. When she finished, I gave her a purple shirt and some jeans i thought that might fit her. Once she was dressed, i grabbed my books and we headed out the door to school.

I didn't rush since we were already half an hour late to school. We took our time and i showed her different land marks that were on our way to school. Once we arrived, her eyes shown bright as she looked at the building in front of us.

"This place is so big!" she said as we started to walk in.

We walked into the front office and a lady asked why we were late. I told her that Alayla was new and that i found her wondering around looking for the school building. It may not of been the best lie but it was all i could come up with in that short time. The lady smiled and handed me my pass while another woman took Alayla to a room in the back.

Walking through the hallway seemed spooky since there weren't any rushing students. While i had not time to talk to Syca, i still took the long way to class so that i could at least pass by her to say hi. As i passed by her, i noticed a carving on her trunk. 

"Die Demon!" i read what the words said and anger boiled inside of me. There was only one person i knew who would do this. Dustin Right!

I put my hands in fists as i walked down the hallway to our class. I slammed open the door causing everyone to look at me. I looked up at Dustin and clenched my teeth.

"You!" i said pointing to Dustin. "What did you do to Syca, Dustin!"

He stood up with a confused look on his face. "Who are you talking about?"

"The Sycamore in the gardens." I said walking up to him. "What!...did!...you!...do?!"

"I don't know what you're talking about. I didn't do anything to your stupid tree."

"Then who did!?" i yelled looking around the room.

I looked to every student trying to find the guilty party who marked up my best friend. Looking at the teacher, she seemed scared and i guess i could understand why. Out of nowhere, laughter was heard in the room. A girl with light brown hair and chocolate brown eyes stood up.

"That would be me. I'm Amanda Damage. My name means the love of damage. It's my job to give out punishments to whose who deserve it. And you Kyra, are a demon who needs to be expelled from heaven to the fiery deeps of hell." She said with a wicked smile.

"Fine, then punish me. Just leave Syca out of it. She has nothing to do with me being evil."

"That's where you're wrong. You have a bond with her that you have with no one else. She was the only way to hurt you. And it obviously worked if your getting this worked up about some silly tree."

"That tree is my friend. I refuse to let anyone hurt the people OR things i care about." I lunged at her but someone grabbed me from behind before i could get close. "Let me go Lorea! She needs to pay for what she's done to Syca!"

"No Kyra! I won't let you fall down to hell. You need to calm down."

"Never!" I yelled getting out of her grasp.

"Princess!" i heard a door open and in came Alayla. "You don't need to worry. I healed your friend when i passed by her. She's stronger than ever. I promise she's okay." She said with a smile.

I quickly ran to the nearest window and looked out to Syca. She was telling the truth. I didn't see any markings left and it seemed that her leaves looked healthier than they normally do. Tears began to cloud my vision as i ran over to Alayla and hugged her.

"Thank you so much Alayla!" i said as i let my tears fall.

"I'm here to serve you." She whispered so that no one could hear.

Once i stopped crying, i straightened myself out and walked over to the confused Amanda. I put a hand on her shoulder and smiled wickedly.

"If you ever touch anything i care about again, i won't think twice about killing you." then i walked back to my desk and sat down very calm. Alayla pulled a desk over to where i was sitting and sat down. She smiled and turned toward the front where our teach still stood there shocked and scared at the same time.

"Please, Mrs. Love." I said kindly. "You may continue with class. I'm sorry for the interruption."

"Yes well. I'm glad to hear that your sorry. Lets continue on the topic of name meanings." she said as she looked at Amanda. 

Amanda took her seat but looked very angry about how she lost the battle. On the other hand, Dustin looked pleased that he wasn't the only one who was trying to hurt me.