Chapter 13

A week has past since Alayla's disappearing. Lorea and I are worried sick. Both of us have visited her place but it seems like no one has been there for days. I'm really starting to get worried. I just have this feeling that something isn't right. Where could she have gone.

I turned to Lorea who had a sad look on her face. I looked up at the teacher who was talking about different powers angel's possess. Not even paying attention, I put my head down on my desk and looked out the window to Syca. I sighed and closed my eyes almost praying that Alayla would be safe and alright.

"There is one ability that is very rare and that's the ability to speak to plants. In fact, no one has had this ability for over 100 years." 

I sat straight up and looked at the class who was now staring back at me.

"Miss Angel. I have heard that you possess this unique ability."

"Yeah, so?" I said with sass. I didn't care about any of this. I just wanted Alayla back and safe.

"Did you know that this ability is common shared along with another ability?" she asked making me curious.

"No I didn't" I told her. "What is it?"

"It's the ability to control plants. These two abilities, in the past, were commonly found in the same Angel. Have you ever tried to control a plant before Miss Angel?" she said with a smile.

"No I haven't. I never even thought about that before." I said frowning my eyebrows and tilting my head ever so slightly to the side.

"Would you like to try?" she asked pointing to the pot in the back that had a cluster of purple flowers.

I nodded in agreement and went and got the pot. I sat it on the front desk and looked at her curiously.

"What do I do?" I asked.

"First try talking to the plant. You need to first have some kind of bond with it before it will listen to any demands you have to say." She said with a smile. "And do please translate if the plant speaks."

I nodded and then I sighed trying to calm myself down. I leaned down and began to talk to the flowers.

"Hello." I said with a smile. "I like how pretty you've grown. It must have taken several weeks to get this beautiful purple color."

"......................."

"Hello? Can you talk?" I asked the flowers.

"......................"

"Please talk to me." I pleaded.

"Why? You don't care about us." one of the flowers spoke.

"Oh...so you can talk." I said with a sigh of relief.

"Of course we can talk." Another flower said.

"Will you talk to me?" I said with a smile.

"NO!" Several voices screamed.

"Hey! I was just trying to be nice and give you a compliment." I said placing my hands on my hips.

"No, you just want to control us. We heard what you talked about with the other human there." One said.

"Kyra, what are the flowers saying?" my teacher asked.

"Wait......" one flower said

"Your name is Kyra?" another one asked.

"Yeah...so?" I asked disregarding what my teacher asked.

"We are so sorry." Several voices said.

"We didn't realize we were speaking to the princess."

"Princess? Why did you call me that?" I asked placing my hands on either side of the pot. "Answer me now!"

"We can't say...." one spoke in a whisper.

"It's not the right time yet..." another said.

"Please tell me!" I yelled at the pot of flowers.

"Kyra..." my teacher spoke behind me. "You need to calm down. What are they saying?"

I clenched my hands into a fist and looked at the flowers.

"Nothing of importance." I said walking back to my desk in a fowl mood.

"Yes. Well, ok then." my teacher said putting the pot back in the back of the room. "That's all I have for you today.

Only minutes later the bell rang ending all classes for the day. I put my books in my bag and walked back to the pot. I stared at it a moment before making an angry face, then I walked out of the room and walked down the many hallways towards Syca.

Once I reached Syca I placed my hand on her bark with anger written on my face. Without thinking I punched the bark and clenched my teeth. I kept punching and Syca never said a word. She knew I needed to let my anger out. I stopped punching and heard someone walk up behind me.

"Kyra?" Lorea softly asked. "What's wrong?"

"Go away!" I screamed as tears escaped from my eyes.

"But Kyra..."

"I said to go away!" I screamed turning around only to find Lorea crying.

I stared at her as she covered her eyes with her hands. It was obvious she was crying and in pain just like I was. She misses Alayla just as much as I do. I walked to her and embraced her letting her know that I was here for her just like she was there for me.

"I'm so sorry Kyra." she said as she cried.

"No." I said as I started to cry again. "I'm sorry."

She looked up at me and tried to smile. This small gesture was enough to touch my heart. I smiled back and wiped the rest of my tears away as did Lorea.  We looked at each other and then hugged once more. I looked back at Syca and told her I was sorry for hitting her the way I did. Of course she forgave me and said that she loved me. 

"I love you too Syca. We better head out before your dad gets mad again." I said looking back at Lorea.

She nodded in agreement and we headed towards the front of the building. After we got out of the building we were met by someone in a black hoodie and jeans. Although I didn't see his face I couldn't look away from his piercing red eyes. He walked closure to us and raised his hands so that they were almost touching our foreheads. That's when he spoke in a low and deep voice that I've heard before but couldn't remember from whom. 

"I command you to sleep and forget about the girl named Alayla."

Before I could protest my body became heavy and I fell to the ground. I felt my head being grabbed before I was gently laid down. I blinked a few times desperately trying to stay awake but my eyelids grew heavy the longer I tried to fight it. And so my mind went into a dark place where I couldn't remember anything about my life.