Chapter 14

The next morning I woke up in a sweat and I had no idea why. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt that something was off but I didn't know what. I brushed my hair and teeth and dressed myself in a flannel black shirt and a pair of white jeans with my black and white sneakers. 

After walking down to the street I looked back farther down the road. Something felt off. Like I was supposed to wait for someone but I didn't know who. I sighed and made my way to the connection of Lorea's and my street. I saw Lorea waiting at the intersection of the street causing me to smile and hurry to her.

"Hey Lorea." I said once I reached her.

"Hey Kyra." she said with a smile.

As we walked to school we talked about different topic. All the while I had this feeling that I was forgetting something important. I stopped and looked back behind us. I saw nothing but this feeling refused to go away. Lorea looked at me then looked where I was.

"Is something wrong Kyra?" she asked worried.

"I just feel like we're missing something but I don't know what."

"You feel it too?" she asked looking at me.

I turned to look at her face. She had this expression that was a mixture of worry and sadness. I didn't know what to do. I tried to smile but my lips would not budge. I looked down at my hands and saw that I was slightly trembling. Out of nowhere Lorea grabbed my hands causing me to look up at her. She held a smile that was bright and kind and it made me feel good. Because of her I was able to smile for real. We both nodded and walked through the school to Syca.

"Hello girls."

"Hey Syca." Lorea said with a smile.

"Syca can I ask you a question?"

"Of course my dear. You can ask me anything." Syca said in a motherly voice.

"Lorea and I feel like we are missing something but we don't know what." I said as Lorea and I sat on the ground near her trunk. "We were hoping you might know something." 

"You both look much happier than the past few days but I'm sorry. I don't know anything. All I know that these past few days has been tough on the three of us but for the life of me I don't know why either. I'm sorry I can't be of any help."

I translated what Syca said to Lorea and she frowned.

"I don't remember anything from the past few days. Actually more like a week. I don't remember being sad, mad, or even happy. I don't even remember getting out of bed. It's like I was sleeping for an entire week but I know that's not true if Syca says she's seen us sad the past few days." Lorea said looking towards the ground in thought.

"Now that you mention it Lorea, I have the same feeling. I don't recall anything from the past week. It's like someone took our memories or something."

"Memories...memories?...memories." Lorea said talking to herself.

"What is it Lorea? Did you remember something?" I asked leaning forward to look at her face.

"I don't know. I remember our Angel Powers and Abilities teacher talking about memories. I think it was four...no five days ago?" 

I grabbed Lorea's hand to comfort her but what happened was fascinating.

"I'm glad you can remember something from the past week." Syca said as the wind blew through her branches.

"Who said that?" Lorea looked around scared.

"What are you talking about Lorea? It's just us and Syca." I said trying to calm her down.

"Kyra hold my hand again." I did what she asked and then she turned to Syca. "Can you say something Syca?"

"What would you like for me to say?" She spoke in a loving voice.

"I knew it!" She screamed jumping up. "I heard her voice Kyra. I can hear Syca talk when you touch me."

"Are you serious?" I asked jumping up as well.

She nodded her head and both of us jumped for joy. Now I didn't need to translate anymore. All I had to do was touch that person and then they would be able to hear the voices of the plants just like I can. That made me so happy that I started to cry.

"Oh no...please don't cry Kyra." Lorea said wiping my tears away. 

I laughed with a smile while nodding my head. Just then the warning bell rang and Lorea and I had to leave Syca. Until lunch that is. We walked into class and sat at our normal seating but what was interesting was that there was another desk in front of mine that I had no recollection of someone sitting there.

"Lorea, do you know who sits here." I asked pointing to the desk in front of mine.

She cocked her head to the side and replied, "Not that I recall. Maybe it has something to do with the week that we forgot."

"Yeah maybe. I just hope we figure out what happened sooner rather than later."

"Me too Kyra. Me too." Lorea said with a sigh.