Chapter 15

I pushed my back up against Syca's trunk and sighed.  I closed my eyes and listened to the sound of the wind blowing through the branches. For the first time today I felt calm with no worry. I picked up my sandwich and took a bite. Peanut-butter and jelly mushed together inside my mouth. I opened my eyes to find Lorea walking my way with her own food. She smiled and sat next to me.

"What did you get Lorea?" I asked looking over at her food.

"I packed this last night for myself. It's fried rice, general-so chicken, Chinese noodles, grapes, and a milk." she said with a smile as she looked over her food. "Want to try some?"

"That sounds better than what I've got. Mind if I try the noodles?" I asked as my mouth watered.

"Help yourself." She said with a smile as she handed me her lunch.

I used her fork and took a bite of the chinese noodles. They tasted slightly greasy but still good. I moaned while I closed my eyes. I herd Lorea laugh at me and it made me laugh too.

"I'm gunna say that you like it, right Kyra?" Lorea asked with a smile.

"Mhm." I shook my head as I finished the bite I had in my mouth. "You know it."

She just laughed some more and I joined her as I put my back against the ground. Lorea laid next to me with a smile. I looked over at her and I felt at ease knowing I had someone by my side through everything I've been through.

I don't know what I would do without Lorea. She's always been there for me when I needed her most. I closed my eyes and breathed in the fresh air. It was a lovely day to be outside with Syca. The sun was bright and the garden was almost silent. You could hear people lightly talking about different topics. I thought that this moment couldn't get any better.

"Watch out!" I heard someone yell. I opened my eyes only to get hit in the stomach by an object.

"Ouch!" I said as I sat up. I looked at the object to find it be a tray from the cafeteria. I looked at who was coming my way and boy was he hot!

He had light blond hair with gorgeous light green eyes. My mouth was open ever so slightly in shock of how gorgeous this guy was. Lorea sat up next to me and say who I was looking at. She smiled as he came over our way.

"I'm really sorry miss."

"Uh...yeah...ok..." i said almost in a dream state.

"Are you okay?" he asked coming closer to my face. I could feel my heart pounding like crazy.

"Hey, Kyra." Lorea whispered nudging my shoulder. This brought me back to planet Earth thankfully.

"Oh, right. I'm fine." I said with a smile. "But why did you through the tray?"

"I didn't. I tried to eat over there but that group dumped my tray on the ground and told me to pick it up. I tried to walk away but they threw it at me and I dodged only to let it hit you. I'm really sorry miss."

"Which group was it again?" I asked standing up. Lorea stood up with me knowing what I had planned. He pointed to the group of kids from a different class. I smiled deviously as I walked up to them. When they realized it was ME who was coming, they got scared real quick.

"So, you think its funny to through trays at people while they're not looking, ey?" I said folding my arms in front of my chest. They looked to the ground and said nothing.

"Well!" I slightly yelled. "Do you?"

"No." two of them said.

"Sorry." another said.

"What was that last one? I couldn't hear because of the cowardliness before me!"

"We're sorry." They said louder.

"Good." I said with a smile. "Now go before i change my mind." And boy did they run.

I walked back over to Lorea and the boy who now had his mouth slightly open. I smiled and sat down next to Lorea.

"They shouldn't bother you for a while." I said before I put food in my mouth.

"H...?" he tried to ask a question but nothing came out.

"You might have heard of me. My name's Kyra Angel." I told him.

"THE Kyra Angel?!" he asked shocked. "The one with black wings?"

"Yep that's me. You can run away now if you want. Everyone always does."

"I'm not going to." he said with a smile. "My name's Aiden Mabuz."

"Well Aiden, I don't know if your just brave or stupid." I said.

"Kyra! That's rude to say." Lorea told me lightly slapping my hand.

"What? I'm not wrong. Everyone is scared of me." I proclaimed.

"I actually find you fascinating." He told us as he sat down in front of us.

I looked at him shocked. Lorea didn't know what to say either. He just sat there looking at us with bright eyes. I went to say something but he spoke first.

"Can I see your wings Kyra?" he asked innocently.

"I just met you and you're acting like were the best of friends." i said a little defensive. 

"Sorry, I was just curious to see if you wings were like mine." He said standing up.

"Wait, Wait, Wait...like yours?"

"Yeah, want to see?" he asked with excitement.

I looked to Lorea and she seemed just as interested as I was. We both shook out head yes and waited for him to bring out his wings. He took a deep breath in and when he exhaled, beautiful black wings sprung from his back. I was speechless. There was someone else with black wings like me. I wasn't alone like I thought I was. Without thinking, I let me wings come out. His face brightened up with the happiest smile I had ever seen. 

"I knew it had to be true!" he yelled causing everyone to look our way. Many people looked shocked while others looked scared. They knew I wasn't the only one they had to look out for now. This boy was now an outcast because of his wings.

I smiled as we both put our wings up. I motioned for him to sit down with us letting everyone know he was apart of my group now. He sat down with a smile as he looked out at everyone who was starring at us.

"This is Lorea Light. She's been my best friend since grade school." I said leaning back.

"It's nice to meet you Aiden."

"It's nice to meet you too Lorea." he said with a smile.

A few minutes later the bell rang signaling the end of lunch. We gathered our trash and threw them away. We walked down the hallway talking. That's how I found out his class is one down from Lorea's and my classroom. We said our goodbyes to Aiden and walked into class. 

I sat in my seat and thought about Aiden. He was quite good-looking for someone his age. I think Lorea read my mind because the next thing I know is that she lightly punched my arm and smiled.

"Lorea...did you?" I asked shocked.

"Yep! I would say to go for it after you get to know him better. We should invite him to the town pool tomorrow since today's Friday." She said with a smirk.

"I don't know Lorea. Something seems off about him." i said thinking.

"Yeah...he's a total hottie." she said grabbing my arms. "We're going to invite him and that's that. You got it Kyra?"

"Yeah, I got it." I chuckled.