Chapter 7

Klaus' POV:

After having a cup of coffee this morning I take a walk to the bar a few blocks down from home.

"What do you want?" A blonde bartender questions as she seems to be frustrated.

"Bourbon, make it neat." A familiar voice approaches from behind me, and I see the known face sit beside me at the drinking booth. 

"Hello Damon. Following me?" I joke with him and he smirks, "Totally, I figured you'd enjoy a drinking buddy so I followed."

"The stalker type, I like it." I grin as the waitress pours Damon his drink.

"And what might your name be ma'am?" Damon questions the blonde bartender.

"Camille." She sighs and hands Damon the glass of bourbon.

"I'm Damon." He winks at her and she rolls her eyes before cracking a slight smile.

"And you are..." Camille glances at me.

"Klaus." I greet her and she smirks, "Well, Klaus and Damon it's a pleasure having you visit this morning because I need a someone to talk to and to drink with," Letting out a deep breath, Camille sits beside me as Damon's on my other side.

"I work a long shift today and need a friend to chat with. Perhaps you both wouldn't mind listening to my rambling for the morning... which reminds me, you two are at a bar and drinking this early, why?" Camille arches an eyebrow.

"Well--"

"Maybe I just wanted to chat with you just as much," Damon steals the attention and winks at her while I roll my eyes.

"The flirty type, huh?" Camille smirks and Damon nods.

"Camille dear, would you mind giving us a minute?" I ask her softly and she nods when continuing to pour drinks behind the drinking booth.

"You do remember you are in a relationship, right?" I whisper and he rolls his light blue eyes.

"Chillax, dude. I'm just using the flirty pick up lines for free drinks!" Damon reasons.

"You know you can always compel her..." I furrow my eyebrows.

"Not this one, I know for a fact she uses vervain."

"And how is that?"

"I can sense it on the chick!" Damon exclaims, succeeding on keeping a low tone.

"Cami, I can takeover this shift, you can take a break." Another bartender shouts from behind the booth.

"Thanks Ash," Camille exits from behind the booth, making her way towards Damon and I.

"Finally. I take it you two are my good luck charms," She grins. 

When Camille reaches us, someone dressed in black with a ski mask bursts into the place with a gun in his hand as he yells for the money from the bartender behind the cash register.

Everyone panics and gets down with their hands over their heads, protecting themselves.

I quickly take Camille and protect her when we both get down and Damon gets down as well scowling.

"You've gotta be kidding me," Damon murmurs and I hush him.

"I can get to him." I whisper to him and he shakes his head in disagreement.

"No way, if you stop him everyone's gonna see and it'll blow our cover. Afterwards once you stop him what do you plan on doing, compelling the whole bar to say otherwise? Absolutely not - it won't work. Just stay put and blend in like normal folk: scared from the intrusion, and act as if you're having a mini panic attack." Damon explains.

Be normal.

It's not that bloody difficult.

Suddenly I lay down on my back and scream cowardly. 

This is quite embarrassing, but as Damon said: I must blend in... now realizing that I am the only one screaming bloody murder.

Damons' eyes widen to the sight of me crying like a girl as Camille looks as if she's trying to suppress a hard laugh.

"Dude," Damon whispers to me as I continue screaming on the floor.

"What are you doing?!"

"I'm blending in," I whisper in the middle of my fake panic attack.

I glance at the burglar standing there with a gun and he raises an eyebrow, "Dude..." the burglar speaks, confused.

"It's working!" I state softly to Damon and he rolls his eyes.

"You'd have to excuse him, he suffers from feminine black outs." Damon says to Camille and I nudge him in the arm.

"Ow! What? Isn't it obvious?!" Damon chuckles.

In an instant someone from behind the burglar shoves him down, causing him to drop his gun. It's the police.

They take him in handcuffs and put him into the backseat of the police car that's visible throughout the large windows of the bar.

"Everyone remain calm, the burglar is gone now." A young policeman shouts.

Everyone stands, relieved.

I help Camille up and Damon stands beside her.

She coughs, "So... you suffer from feminine black outs?"

Damon chuckles and I roll my eyes, "No, I do not. Damon here was just kidding." I glare at Damon and he nods.

"Let's get you home, Camille." I begin walking away before she calls me back.

"Klaus," I turn to face her when she continues, "I don't feel comfortable going back home, not now... I was wondering if I could come to your place... you did after all protect me..."

"Of course. But before we go, it is a houseful at my home right now - friends and family are visiting for the holidays." I mention and she nods as Damon and I lead the way out of the bar.

---

Who knows Camille? ;D

This chapter was trash in my own opinion, I just intended on including Camille that's all.

Vote & comment & share...

xx