Chapter 35

Hayley's POV:

Continued from chapter 33 (present)

There's too much running through my mind right now, the feeling of rage, mixed with betrayal, not wanting to believe any of it- it's all too overwhelming.

I pace toward Elijah, him having no room to back up. "Undo it. Take away the compulsion. Now." I warn, hearing him swallow while Rebekah is standing behind me.

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa, I wasn't even gone for a week and I missed something, care to catch me up to speed?" The all too familiar voice sounds behind my back, as Rebekah and I turn to see tall dark and pesky, Damon Salvatore standing with his hands raised in defense.

Turning to see Damon with his brows raised, Rebekah gasps lightly, "You're back."

The Salvatore brother plasters his usual grin, "I'm back. So," he clasps his hands together, "Wanna tell me why Hayley's hands are magnetic to Elijah's evident jaw of steel?"

I try to calm my fury and claim my breath, "Just some family drama," I shrug, "Felt betrayed and needed Elijah to feel my wrath, in other words I needed to feel his blood on my hands."

Damon's piercing light blue eyes widen in horror, "Alrighty then, nice seeing you again Hayley." He turns to exit the kitchen, Rebekah follows.

Glaring at Elijah once more, I meet his gaze.

"I cannot undo the compulsion, Hayley." Elijah begins, standing still against the wall behind him.

"If you could compel me then surely you'll be able to take it away." I say through gritted teeth.

"I can try, but that does not mean that it will necessarily work."

"I'm willing to give it try." I arch a brow, and Elijah makes his way toward me.

He straightens out his fine suit before looking me in the eye, his black pupils locked onto mine.

"Remember all of it. You loved Niklaus, and still do to this very day. You love him but he was taken, and you remember the pain you felt on the very day it all happened,"

A flood of memories come crashing into my mind like strong, viscous waves.

Falling onto my knees, the crushing feeling in my chest after Kol daggers Klaus, the painful memories crash in. Me sitting on the kitchen floor with several empty blood bags surrounding my feet, one full package warm in my hands before my fangs sink into it- my bloodthirsty spiral.

"You will enjoy thinking of the good times, the better times,"

Entering in the grand building with the crystal lights shining all around me as my red dress sways dragging behind, my eyes lock onto Klaus standing there in his suit the night of the ball, and everything around me becomes still.

Another moment flashes, another memory, I lay in bed, in the guest room offered to me in the Mikaelson home, Klaus lays next to me. "And if it's a boy?" I ask, failing to suppress my smile. "If it's a boy..." Klaus gently places his hand on my stomach, a genuine smile showcasing. "Kaleb, Kaleb Mikaelson."

The moment becomes a blur, when another floods back in.

Laughter sounds the room and it's genuine, pure. His full lips press against mine, electricity coursing through my body.

Boom, another hits me, Klaus' blue green eyes stare into mine, and that very moment I don't think I've seen him more passionate. "I've tried to stop thinking about you, and I can't." ...

Back to the time Kai kept me hostage, I sit alone in the bathroom, feeling nothing but despair- "No matter how peaceful small moments can be, there's always someone or something to come crashing it down. There's always gonna be drama. The memories you want to hold onto - last forever. The people you love - don't. Until you hold on to that certain someone who you never wish to give up... No matter how hard I try, this - my life: is always going to remain unsteady..."

Then, Klaus' voice sounds in my head, another memory.

"That depends on what plan you mean, love: my plan for global domination..." His grin plasters.

I crack a smile, feeling a tear threatening to fall as my eyes water.

"Remember everything, Hayley." Elijah whispers.

I see my own eyes burn with passion when I look at Klaus in another memory, "Ever since the first day I kissed you, I've felt everything for you." I say to him.

All of the memories, more good than bad, come flashing and flashing, and then in the blink of an eye, they're gone.

My lips part as Elijah takes a step back, the two of us stand in silence, until I break it.

"I remember," I say under my breath.

---

Oh my ger, is that a tear? *wipes cheek*

Comment your thoughts loves.
I know this was a short chapter,

OH and in case you didn't realize, all of the memories were things that really happened before- mainly coming from Book 1. <3

Vote. Comment. Share.

xx