Chapter 15

Elijah's POV:

A day has passed since Niklaus' disappearance. Rebekah, Hayley, and I have not discovered the location of Davina Claire nor our youngest sibling Kol.

Sitting in the den, an open book in my hands, I spot Rebekah seated at the smaller dining table in the kitchen, her face buried in her hands.

I try not to watch- despising the devastation evaluating from her- My gaze locks on the book, returning to my reading.

Rebekah will be staying for some time now; she refuses to return home to Damon, ever since Niklaus was taken from us she chooses to stay, keeping Damon updated.

Hayley is upstairs. The house is quiet. Seems empty, almost. With Niklaus gone, Hayley is coping from anger- her blood boiling as she claimed, dear Rebekah is trying to balance herself from sadness. The house is not complete, family is breaking.

My thoughts are struggling to become optimistic. Stay noble, it will all go away. The crushing in Rebekah, the excruciating pain planted in Hayley- we will heal, we always do. Niklaus will return, in the meantime keep your family balanced, my thoughts exceed.

Each of us agreed to go out strong during our search for Niklaus. We stay here and get ready to fight, soon beginning the mission. From drinking human blood to earning even more strength from unexpected sneek attacks- we are ready.

I close my book once spotting my dear sister Rebekah walking my way. I watch her with careful eyes, grateful she has gained strength coming to speak to me. She looks devastated, nearly broken. "Damon keeps calling, he wants to come."

"Why hasn't he came?" I question.

"I don't want him to see me like this," She reasons, her voice low. "So I'm telling him not to come."

"Rebekah, it is Damon. You know he is not going to give up." And for that she cracks a smile and sighs. "I know,"

Her smile fades. "Is that selfish of me? Not wanting him to see me like this, I mean?"

I let out a sharp breath, "You need him, sister." She stares at me with grateful eyes, knowing what is true- now is when she needs Damon most. "Thank you," She whispers, barely audible but I hear it. I nod before she walks away, lifting her cell to her ear for her phone call.

Placing my book back on it's shelf, I go into the kitchen and prepare something healthy for Hayley. She has been upstairs for hours, not wanting to come down- I do not blame her. I make sure to check on her every so often.

Carrying the tray of hot soup and a couple of sugar cookies, I hold the pint of type A blood carefully for it not to spill. Reaching upstairs, I knock on her bedroom door when she does not answer, I help myself in.

I glance at Hayley laying down in bed, her back facing me as I stand in the doorway.

"Hayley," I whisper and she turns to face me glancing over her shoulder. "For you," I tilt my head toward the tray of food I am holding, she sits up slowly, now leaned against the headboard.

Her brown-green eyes are puffy- revealing a sign of crying before. Her brown hair is disheveled, as if she has not gained sleep ever since what has happened.

I take a seat in front of her, my legs dangling off the bed. The room is quiet, not a sound but each of us breathing.

She grabs the cup of blood, calming her thirst after taking a few sips.

"The silence is deafening." I whisper, earning a small smile from her in return. "I know," She speaks, her voice shaky and low.

"Elijah," She begins after minutes. My brows raise as I wait for her to proceed.

"I am going to kill Kol." She states, her voice full with meaning. "I figured," I take in a sharp breath before continuing, "But Hayley, we will find Niklaus." I pause as her eyes meet with mine. "I promise."

"You can't promise me that, don't promise me that." She says low and quick.

And she is right- I cannot state a promise I am unsure of, but I have my faith in my brother. Though he is troublesome, cruel at times- Niklaus has a heart. And for that -for Hayley- I have faith in him.

I hear her breath hitch, "Thank you," I nod just when Rebekah enters the bedroom. "How is everything?" My sister begins, taking a seat next to me.

"Terrible," Hayley lets out a soft humorless laugh. "But okay all at once." She finishes and Rebekah offers a smile in reassurance.

"Damon is coming," Rebekah says and I face her, grinning. "He's on his way. Thank you, Elijah." Placing my hand on her shoulder for comfort, I smile at her in return.

Rebekah meets with Hayley's eyes, sympathy expressing. "Are you ready?" She asks Hayley.

She nods, clearing her throat. "Lets go get Klaus." Hayley states, getting off her bed to stand. Rebekah and I stand along.

"I have never been more ready to fight," Rebekah grins. "I love you both." My sister exclaims, reaching for either of our hands. Hayley takes hold of her hand as I take hold of the other.

"Always and forever, and that is a promise I can keep." I whisper, Hayley smiles- wide. The smile I have been looking for.

"Now, lets go kick some bloody--"

"Rebekah, you stay here while Hayley and I go looking," I joke and I earn a nudge on the arm in response. "Whatever," Rebekah smiles before the three of us exit the room, heading downstairs to make our way outside, on the hunt for Davina Claire and Kol.

---

I just want to say I love you all so much, and I am truly grateful for your votes and comments, they make me smile and that motivates me to write more!

I know it took a while... okay, maybe months, for me to update and I am sorry loves ;*

¡Lo siento!

I only know some Spanish, so please don't conversate with me too much in español, b/c I most likely will not understand.

-ahem- anyway, you know the drill wolfies/vamps...

Vote. Comment. Share.

It's good to be back ;)

xx