Chapter 39

Hayley's POV:

Camille, Damon, Rebekah and I have been walking for miles. Elijah stayed home to contact a family friend that's a witch in order to search for Rose by a locator spell. In the meantime we've already started walking ahead of time before he calls with information of her whereabouts.
At first I wanted to ignore it; hearing about some woman that wants to take my heart; and instead focus on the other conflict in front of me - killing Kol and Davina. Damon agreed, it will be easier and faster to get Klaus back. I didn't think a single idea could replace it.

I miss him.

But Rebekah, humble and likeminded picked up on the peace that is current. It took a lot in me to acknowledge that there doesn't have to be war, that this peace doesn't have to be broken - shattered into a ruthless battle between us and Kol and Davina. And thinking of my unborn baby... I chose not to imagine his or her childhood without him - the thoughts and visions are painful - I ignore the possibilities. We're getting him back, eventually. Still, I maintain hope.

"Anything from Elijah?" I ask Rebekah, her feet following into step along mine as Damon trails beside her. I watch the Mikaelson sister shake her head.

"Not yet, love." She responds.

"If you immortals don't mind me asking, as the human here, when do stop to take a break?" Camille breathes, I turn to meet her tired eyes.

"Soon. I promise." I send a friendly smile but it doesn't reach my eyes - I have so much on my mind to even suffice a widening smile - I can't. Not now.

"Come on, Hayley. Do you remember what it was like to be human? I, for one, sucked at running." Damon turns his attention on to Camille. "I can't imagine the hurt you seem to be going through." Damon tries to relate. "And it's late." The Salvatore brother concludes, walking up to Cammie and gripping her shoulders. "I totally understand. Your feet must be killing you-"

"Zip it, Damon." Camille breathes. "I just want sleep. And food. And sleep..."

"Alright, alright. We'll get you home, Camille." Rebekah steps up to offer. "I can pace back to get the car?"

"No, we walked miles I don't see the trouble in walking another few minutes." The blonde human claims. "Plus, I'll head back. You guys are suppose to be finding a psychotic heart craver, remember?"

I watch as Damon's piercing light blue eyes glint with amusement. "Which you're suppose to be pointing out to us!" He defeats.

"We all are walking you because we cannot separate." Rebekah pauses, glancing over her shoulder at the rest of us. "We don't know what we're facing."

For a moment, I guess I forgot about Rose and her demand for my beating heart.

"Fair. You guys can walk with me to my place but no one's coming inside. For oblivious reasons, frankly. Since I know of everything, as in the supernatural, I know what possible scenarios that can actually occur. Oh! Like if any of you, which ever so happens to be invited inside my house, were to get possessed. Then what happens? I get attacked? Possibly worse?"

Damon gives the ranting mortal a look. She sighs, exasperated. "Sorry. I think I talk a lot when I'm tired."

"My brother will call me if he finds anything on Rose. Don't worry. And we'll talk to you in the morning. But you obviously need sleep." Rebekah says softly, failing to suppress her light chuckle.

"I don't blame you. I know you've had quite the day..." I say quietly to her, sharing an apologetic look.

The four of us head toward Camille's house as she directs us. A little over an hour later, Damon, Rebekah and I stopped by the Mikaelson home to get one of the cars - my eventual pregnancy rant kicking in and becoming the effect of the change in transportation.

With the pesky Salvatore brother driving and his lover in the passenger seat, I relax in the back, taking low and steady breaths as the baby gently kicks now and then.

-

Checking my cell, it is only 8 p.m. when I hear the blue eyed Mikaelson lightly snoring in the front of the Range Rover.

Damon's eyes focus on the road in front of him, but I catch his slight grin when he hears Rebekah snore too. I place a hand on my stomach, roaming for a kick. Just then, Damon begins. "You're OK, right?"

I flicker my hazel eyes to the rear view mirror, his eyes already meeting my gaze. I nod, following a sigh. "I am. I just wish I knew what I'm dealing with, considering." I lace my fingers above my growing stomach.

Damon's blue eyes dart toward the road ahead of him again. "Yeah. That's why we're here." I watch as he glances at sleeping Rebekah for a quick moment, then back ahead.

"Nothing will happen to her, Damon." I whisper. "I won't let it."

"Neither will I." He says huskily, placing his hand gently on Rebekah's, as light snores every once in a while escape her lips.

A phone rings from the front of the car. Rebekah shuffles around before sitting upright, her blue eyes open and alarmed. Damon keeps his eyes on the road as I watch her search hurriedly for her cell. Putting it up against her ear, she breathes. "Elijah?"

I listen. "We've found something." The noble Mikaelson pauses for a moment on the other end. "We found her." My lips part - something within me turns my stomach. "Eastward Boulevard. Just nine miles out from here. That's all we could find on her, once you get there you should be able to track her down."

Rebekah nods even when Elijah can't see her - but I realize she sending us and 'OK'. Hanging up the phone, she plunges it into her pocket again.

"You heard that, right?" She throws herself back in relaxation, the leather seat captivating her. Damon nods in understanding. "Eastward Boulevard here we come."

---

Another chapter will be up in about another hour, wolfies & vamps.

VOTE 💋

xx