Chapter 10

I begin to flutter my eyes open, waking from my comfortable fascinating sleep.

Today's my birthday.

I'm officially hitting 22 years of my dysfunctional life as a pregnant hybrid - how magnificent. (Note the sarcasm)

I groan as I roll over in bed, dreading to get up.

"Good morning, love."

I hear Klaus begin walking into the bedroom and he leans his body over mine once he approaches me and gently kisses my forehead as I still lay in bed.

"Happy birthday." He whispers.

I smile widely before he jumps on top of me, causing me to giggle before I struggle obtaining to push his strong body from off of my own - failing miserably.

He laughs genuinely as he witnesses my failure of an attempt to push him off.

"Klaus," I breathe heavily as he still lies above me looking into my eyes.

"Yes, darling?" He smirks and I roll my eyes playfully, "Get off."

"But I want you. And today's your birthday... which makes this even more brilliant." He teases.

He doesn't take no for an answer this time as he quickly pins my wrists down on either side of my head and I giggle. 

"What are you doing?" I try to suppress my laughter as I struggle beneath him.

"You'll see..." He smirks before leaning down to kiss my lips.

As his soft lips are pressed against mine, I embrace the epic moment and try suppressing my smile-- before Elijah bursts in the bedroom.

"The pancakes are-- oh my," His eyes meet with mine as Klaus still lies above me and embarrassment hits me like a ton of bricks.

My eyes widen as Elijah quickly exits the room.

Walking into a bedroom - Klaus on top of you as he's pinning you down and you can't do much to get him off before you both enter in a make out session - I couldn't imagine... poor Elijah.

Klaus begins breaking into laughter and my eyebrows narrow, "That was funny to you?!"

He nods amusingly while continuously chuckling, "Oh come on love, you know if that were your eyes you would've been on your knees dying of laughter."

"I seriously doubt Elijah's laughing right now," I protest as I'm still pinned down below Klaus.

I sigh, "We can never have just one peaceful, romantic moment without being disturbed."

"Don't complain, love. Trust me... I'll make it up to you." He whispers before placing a gentle kiss on my forehead once more before getting off of me when I already start to miss his body huddled over mine.

--

Standing outside on the front porch, I take in a fresh breath of air and glance at my surroundings.

It is now the afternoon, and I managed getting out of bed and eating Elijah's fluffy pancakes.

Looking around at the gigantic yard the Mikealson's own, I come in contact with a black wolf standing out in the bushes.

Another wolf?

"And who might you be," I state softly... eventually wondering to myself why are wolves showing up in broad daylight lately.

The first one was Klaus - that's understandable. This one - not too sure why he or she would be hovering.

Expectantly, the wolf doesn't say anything back... why did I even bother asking?

"Whoever you are, stay away. For now there's no drama - everything's been fine... so just stay put and I suggest you go hover somewhere else." I exclaim, frustrated.

A new person popping up is the least of my worries, but a new person who's looking for trouble? I don't think so.

Walking back inside, the family blocks my entrance. Rebekah's holding a birthday cake in her hand. Elijah, Klaus, Damon, and Stefan are circling around her - leaving me and Rebekah, including the cake in the middle of the smiling faces.

"Happy birthday to you," they all begin singing and I groan.

"Okay, that's enough." I huff and they laugh.

"Make a wish and blow out your candles!" Stefan blurts, causing me to hesitantly smile.

I blow out my candles, without making a wish and they cheer.

-

Putting away my plate after savoring my cake slice, I wash out my wine glass that I drank from during our small celebration.

"The cake was amazing," Damon compliments, taking his late bite.

"Thanks, love. The cake flavoring was all my idea." Rebekah proudly recalls.

I chuckle before I hear the doorbell.

"I'll get it," I exclaim, and walk towards the front door.

I open the door and see a tall dark haired guy standing there. "Hey,"

"Hey..." I greet with the confusion as my brows are furrowed.

He clears his throat, "Is Elijah here?"

I nod before looking over my shoulder to call Elijah's name.

Elijah comes and stands beside me, "Jackson! Come in," he invites Jackson inside.

I close the door after the two boys make their way into the kitchen and I follow.

"Everyone, this is a friend of mine. I met him when I was in town helping Rebekah getting the cake today," Elijah introduces.

"I'm Jackson." The new guest speaks before everyone else in the room raises their hands mentioning their names, leaving my introduction last.

"I'm Hayley," I say when Jackson turns to face me.

"The birthday girl," Damon adds.

Jackson grins, "Happy birthday, Hayley."

"Thanks..." I softly state and Jackson cracks a smile, crossing his arms over his chest as his dark brown eyes still lock on my brown-green ones.

---

Thank you so much for reading, I meant to update this sooner loves... thank you for having the patience.

ILY ALL SO SO SO SO MUCH!

Vote. Comment. Share.

xx