Chapter 45

Hayley's POV:

As I sit down on my bed, I now pick up on the warily look glinting in Marcel's eyes.

It didn't take a sliver of a second to define my opinion. "No." I breathe. "Absolutely not." I respond to Marcel's idea to involve Kol and Davina in the second search for Rose.
"Just hear me out, Hayley." Marcel says, his hands raise to keep me calm while he stands in front of the bed.

"They took Klaus away from us, Marcel." I argue. "Have you forgotten about that?"

"No, I haven't. But Kol is a Mikaelson. Maybe he could be of some good use to locate Rose with his power. We need to get rid of this woman who wants your heart, Hayley." Marcel proclaims. "Plus, don't kill me, Hayley Marshall. But I called Davina. She's willing to help. Anything to make amends-"

I arch a brow and stare at him, sending a deadly look. Marcel pauses. "Before you decide to do anything reckless, you should know that Davina said she'll help. I don't know about Kol, yet. But she's already on her way."

"What? Marcel, I don't think I can-"

"I know. Just try and stay sane, at least for the time she's here. It's just a spell to find Rose. It'll be quick." He tries assuring. I exhale, surprised at the calmness in my veins. But it doesn't feel right knowing Davina's about to show up - knowing that one of the two people who took Klaus away is going to be standing foot in this house again.

Biting my lip, and taking everything I've got in me, I half nod. "Okay."

-

Walking downstairs to where everyone else is, I look over the crowd standing. Jackson's pack is huddled in the den, and Damon is hugging Stefan in the foyer as if they just arrived.

I send Damon's brother a smile. "No Elena?"

Stefan frowns, "She knows how dangerous this can get. I finally convinced her to stay with Caroline."

Thinking back at where Elena happens to be, my hometown Mystic Falls, I remember a mutual friend; Bonnie Bennet. We need a witch to work the locator spell on Rose, and Bonnie can do just that - and given that she's another option...

I hurriedly walk past the two Salvatore brothers who proceed their conversation. Entering the kitchen, I find Elijah. He's talking with one of Jackson's people. I stand behind the noble Mikaelson and wait, barely patient. He finally turns, probably when he senses me, and my gaze meets his.

"I know of a witch, a powerful one, who can locate Rose instead of Davina." I blurt. Elijah's brown eyes furrow. "And who may that be?" He asks.

"Bonnie. She's in Mystic Falls but if Marcel could quickly call Davina the plan can change. And all will be just!" I step closer to him, leaning toward his ear. "I just don't think I can do it, Elijah. After what they did... I can't. Or at least I won't be around to watch the spell happen." I whisper.

He looks at me with understanding, yet a bitter expression crosses his face so fast, I barely catch it. "OK." He responds firmly, and a gentle weight lifts from my chest.

"I'll see if Stefan can get in touch with her." The noble Mikaelson dismisses himself, and I now stand alone in the desolate kitchen. The fight against Rose is going to start any moment after Bonnie does the locator spell - if she's willing to. And I can't bare to imagine the 'dead' that may be standing by Rose's side when the moment comes. But then the thought wanders: if the dead can be risen, the dead can surely be put back into it's grave.

No matter the threat of Rose bringing back someone, and whoever that may be, we can get rid of them - they died before, right?

I run a restless hand through my long hair and make my way out of the kitchen - the hope of Bonnie agreeing to do the spell turns in my stomach. Glimpsing Jackson stood in front of one of his people, he's deep in discussion before his dark eyes flutter over the guy's shoulder. His eyes trail unto my own. Something passes across his face, though the emotion is unrecognizable, I've seen it before. I just can't place when.

Jolting my attention onto the front door that sounds a knock on the other side, I go to answer it. The entire house is drenched in low voices - the mix of werewolves and family friends talking above one another grows and grows. Tucking a strand of my hair behind an ear, I let out a heavy breath.

Opening the door, and stood on the other side, are two familiar faces I never thought to encounter in this way, again, anyway.

---

Hmm, whom may that be?

Don't forget to vote, please!

xx