Chapter 27 - Sick

Stella Veros

I'm damn sick. I got a high fever since yesterday. My head was spinning and I can't concentrate on my work. I have an important meeting in the afternoon. My dad is in China along with mom making a deal there.

I got into my car and drove to my office. I walked into the building and went up to my office floor. I took a few files and went down again. I walked to the toilet to check my appearance.

I put my lipstick on again to cover up my paleness. I'm so pale because I'm sick. I walked out from the toilet and got into the car. I drove to the meeting place in Rinette Corp.

I parked my car and walked inside the building. I bumped someone while I checked my files. I looked up to say sorry but my whole body froze.

"Sorry" I said to Axel and he just looked at me coldly. I walked pass him and walked towards the lift. I pressed the lift button.

What is he doing here? Don't tell me that he's here for this deal too? My eyes widen when Axel stood a few steps beside me waiting for the lift.

None of us talked and it was so awkward. It's been 2 months since I saw him.

The lift door opened and I gestured him to get in first. He walked in and he looked at me.

"Get in" He said in a cold tone

"I'm fine.. I'll ju-"

"Get in" He said coldly and I nodded weakly. I walked into the lift and stood on the corner. The door closed and the atmospher was so awkward and cold. I closed my eyes because my head was hurting again.

I opened my eyes when I heard a ding sound, we walked out from the lift and I let him walk away first. Just by looking at his back.. I felt happy. I miss him so much and I never stop thinking about him.

I'm glad that he's fine and healthy. I'm quite worried about him. I still felt like I'm his girlfriend when the real thing is that I'm not.

I walked towards the meeting room and tried to tell myself that I can't faint in the meeting room. I sat down and waited for everyone to come.

I felt Axel was looking at me but I don't dare to look back at him. I might cry here and it won't be good. I miss him so much. He's still handsome in his suit and still gave a cold vibe towards new people.

The meeting started and they started to explain all the details. I felt this deal won't make any good for my company because the real deal of this deal will get back to us in 3 years. We can't wait for 3 years to get our money back. I don't want that and I don't think it's a wise option.

After the meetings, I decided just to go away since I'm not interested on making the deals. I looked at Axel one more time before getting into the lift. I went down to the lobby and my headache started to strike again.

I walked towards my car and my legs felt so weak. I leaned to the car and took out my phone.

"Delilah.. Can you pick me up? Rinette Corp." I said

"Yes miss, I will be there in 10 minutes" She said and I ended the call. I tried to stand straight but I felt my legs so weak. I fell down on the ground and my headache hit me again.

"Miss.. are you okay?" Suddenly a security guard ran to me, he helped me to get up

"I'm fine. Thankyou" I said

"Please don't drive.. you're-"

"Don't worry, my secretary will come" I said and he nodded. He left me and I leaned my body to the car again. I closed my eyes and felt so dizzy.

"You still can't take care of yourself" I opened my eyes and found Axel standing in front of me.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me." I said trying to straighten up my posture. I stole my car keys and mye eys widen

"Axel.. give me ba-"

"Get in" He said but still in a cold tone

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine"

"Who says that I'm worried about you?" He asked in a cold tone again

"Then just leave!" I bursted at him and glared. He looked at me coldly. I stole my car keys again from his hands and tried to stand up.

"Just go, Axel. I'm fine" I said looking straight to his eyes.

"I'm driving you home" He stole my car key again and got inside. I walked to the passenger seat.

"My secretary will come-" He ignored me. He started the car and drove out from the building. I put my seatbelt real quick and leaned back to the seat. I texted Delilah that she doesn't need to come anymore.

"How are you?" I asked Axel but my eyes looked straight to the road

"A mess" He answered

"I get it.. work are piling up" I said and he ignored me. None of us dared to talk and I don't even want to start a conversation again.

"I miss you" I said in a small tone but that made him step on the brake. I was quite shock with his suddenly action.

"Are you trying to kill me?" I bursted angrily at him

He suddenly drove the car again and drove it towards my house. I closed my eyes and felt my headache again. I leaned back and felt so tired.

After that.. I went to dreamland..