8:15

8:15 every morning I see him.

In his big red ford truck, with his window down just enough to let the smoke from his cigarette go through. His sunglasses on as he mumbles the words to what ever song is on the radio, while driving said truck with one hand. Possibly with the help of a knee.

I see this, every weekday morning. The same time, the same place.

Just in front of St. Bishop school on Terry View Drive.

And I've been seeing it every morning for the last six months.

Six months ago I started working as a waiter part time at a little restaurant about ten minutes away from my house. But at least two hours of walking maybe three. So I had to drive everyday. I also worked an a paid intern at a local magazine but that's another topic.

For the first few days of driving to work I paid no mind to the other trucks or Cars on the road. Just wanted to get where I wanted to go. But after the first week I started to notice patterns.

Like the woman and a child walking side by side every morning to go to school. Always walking passed a brown house a block away from the school.

Or how the same delivery truck was always in front of me.

And then I saw him. Driving his truck passing me by. His safety vest catching my eye.

I don't know if he's leaving for work, or leaving to work.

I don't know if his eyes are brown, green or blue.

I don't know what his voice sounds like.

And I don't know if hes single.

I pull into work at the same time, 8:20am drive behind the small restaurant parking in the back, beside Alla's car and knock on the large metal back. She opens it with a cheery smile, her dyed red hair pulled up in a long pony tail, a white baseball hat on her head matching her white uniform as head chef. Her green eyes were framed in black eyeliner, her lips lined in red pen, her ears stretched and pulled tight with orange earrings.

"Good mornin' Gabe! How are we feelin' today?"

I just groan, walking into the coat room and grabbing my black apron and tying it around my waist. Unlike Alla who's dressed in all white, I'm in black, black dress shirt, black tie, black pants, black soul.

"You're always so friendly in the morning." She laughed. "Go get the silverware ready I'm prepping the fruit. Katie and Tanner should be here in five. doors open in half an hour, get this place lookin' ready sweet cheeks"

And I did. Like every day I went onto the empty floor, checking all the tables for forks and knives, making sure the night staff rolled the cutlery at right thirty Tanner and Katie walked in together, dressed in the same uniform as me, Katie's light brown hair was pulled into a bun, her thick black glasses framing her petite face and making her brown eyes seem almost bigger then normal. Katie was tall. Towering over my 5'7 frame at 6 feet even. She was lanky, her body thinner then any normal woman I've known. If I didn't know any better I wouldn't believe that a body as small as hers gave birth to twin boys only two years ago.

Beside her Tanner bounced around, his white blond hair falling into his face as he walked over to the bar and grabbing a few glasses from underneath it.  He was shorter then Katie and I, standing at only 5'5 he was on the chunky side, but nothing that would make you say he was fat. Just baby weight that had yet to shed off, even though he hadn't been a baby in nearly twenty-four years.

"Morning kids!" Alla called out, the two called out a good morning to her, ignoring the kid comment seeing as Alla was only ten years older then us.

Katie flipped the sign at nine, but we didn't get busy until ten thirty, when the lunch crowd started coming in. I ran section A, the first five tables in the dinning room. The restaurant wasn't very big. Chester's was a fifteen table, dimly lit in the back, bright windows in the front kind of place with low hanging lights and dark blue walls.  It was a comfy place, with mostly booths. The only tables lining the side window in section B, better known as Katie's tables. During the day we only had section A and C, as tanner ran the bar and Alla ran the kitchen. Section B was opened up when four o'clock hit, welcoming the dinner dates in the intimate table settings with candles lit.

"Gabe! Come over." Tanner called, wiping a cloth down the dark wood of the bar top. "Wanna hang out this weekend?" He asked taking the top off a bottle of vodka, pouring it into a cocktail shaker.

"I don't Tan. I have a meeting Saturday morning with a client for my boss, and Sunday I don't normally put on pants, let alone leave the house." I say, grabbing a cherry from the mini fridge under the bar and popping it into my mouth.

"We'll go to Bahama, meet me here at four. Plenty of time to leave your client. You're hanging out with me Gabriel, and you're going to have fun." Tanner teased referring to the last time we went out, it was a staff party. I got shit faced and threw up all night.  Not my best moment.

"Fine. But I'm not staying out late."

"Wouldn't expect it." He said smiling his cute little boyish smile.

"Order up for table A-3!"