Friends

"Let's just split it, I pay for mine you pay for yours." I insisted as Clayton and I both sat with our hands on the cheque, not touching but on both ends.

"How about this." He said, tightening his grip and slipping the book towards him. "I pay for the food. You pay for bowling."

"That's just not fair. Bowling is a lot cheaper then this."

"I guess you're just going to owe me then" He replied with a wink. My cheeks burned as I looked down taking my hand off the table.

After everything was said and done, Clayton and I made our way back to the car and drove the fifteen minutes to Jay&Sparkes Bowling and Arcade. By the time we got there it was already starting to get dark outside. The chill of the upcoming fall biting at our skin as we walked through the busy parking lot. "Judging by the amount of cars here, let's hope of the guys got here first so we can get at least one lane." His hand found it's way to the small of my back again as he ushered me inside the building. The touch sending tingles though my body.

The inside of the bowling alley was huge, high ceilings with large hanging dome pendant lights. On each side of the building were right bowling lanes, and each one had balls being thrown down them. Towards the back of the building, closer to the main desk was an arch way that lead into an arcade that was filled wit teenagers and children. There was music playing and TV's at the end of every second lane with music videos playing. But it was so loud inside you could hardly hear the songs.

My stomach started to knot as Clayton waved at a group of people who were sat on a comfy looking booth couch while one man threw a ball down the lane before turning back to the group and waving at Clayton and I.

Richie. I thought to myself, looking at the man who had just bowling a strike. He looked like he could of been Clayton's twin. With his hair a little longer, but swept into an upper cut, and the bottom half shaved. He wore a rolled up navy T-shirt giving everyone a good view of his tattooed arms. He also had on blue jeans, that clashed with the red and white bowling shoes.

"Look who finally decided to show up!" Richie called, going to the table that sat in the middle of the booth and picking up a pint of beer and taking a sip. "When we said six thirty, we didn't mean six forty-five" He laughed.

"Look, we're sorry." Clayton smiled, taking off his leather jacket and putting it over the side of the booth.

"Who's your friend?" The only girl of the group asked as she reset the computer, I could only assume she was Amanda, she was really pretty, her brown hair was falling down her back, her hair pushed from her face with a black headband that tied in the front. She had a sweet diamond shaped face that had a black nose ring on her. She wasn't thin, but she wasn't over weight, I could best describe her as a pear, her hips were wide, her black leggings fit nicely with her long black sheer top, with a black undershirt.

"This is Gabe, he's the journalist that did the interview with me. Gabe this beauty is Amanda, and that's my brother Richie. And over there, ignoring our very presents is my friend Tim, and his boyfriend Curtis."

I gave a small, nervous wave before Clayton leaned into my ear, telling me he was going to get our shoes before patting my back lightly and walking off. I looked after him, then back at the group of people. Tim sat close to Curtis, who had his hand on the other mans lap. Tim looked tall and lanky, one leg over the other as he sat wearing light washed blue jeans and a tight green muscle shirt his brown hair falling in waves to his shoulders. While Curtis had his blonde hair fringed up away from his face, wearing a mustard yellow dress shirt and black pants.

"Hey Gabe, ready to get your ass handed to you in bowling." Richie said, putting a hand on my shoulder and guiding me to the booth before sitting down next to Amanda.

"Nice to meet you Gabe." Tim said, stretching out his long arm to offer his equally large hand. I shook it, smiling lightly before looking around to see Clayton coming back with two sets of shoes. He sat down behind me, handing me a pair. We both pulled off our shoes, putting them in the small cubicle behind the booth.

"Alright, so teams? Singles? Girls Vs Boys?" Tim said with a small chuckle when Amanda glared at him.

"Team, couples. Tim and Curtis, me and Amanda, Clay and Gabe. Sound fair?"

Clayton looked at me, winking at me before turning to his brother and giving him the approval as everybody else nodding and agreed.

"But first. More beer!"