Bowling

"Oh come on! Who the hell gets six strikes in a row! Clayton you set us up!" Richie complained as I walked away from my sixth strike of our second game. Clayton and I were on a roll, we won our last match me with 202 and him with 275. Needless to say we were kicking ass.

"Hey now, I've never bowled with him before." Clayton said in mock defense as I sat down next to him grabbing my glass of soda and taking a sip through the straw. "But we are kicking ass aren't we Gabe? What was it that Richie said? Ready to get your ass handed to you? Who's handing the asses now baby bro?" I couldn't help but laugh, my eyes sliding over the group of friends. So far everybody was great, all full of jokes and laughs. The only one making me uneasy was Curtis, who I had noticed side eyeing me a few times. But it was no big deal to me, as I was enjoying myself with everybody else. Clayton sat back, resting an arm over the back of the booth, behind my head. And I leaned back onto him. Feeling far more comfortable now that I had two pints of beer and a coke in my system.

"I'm going to be right back." I said after a few minutes, standing up. "I have to use the bathroom."

"Actually I do to." I was surprised to see Curtis stand up as well, fixing his shirt before walking along side of me to the bathroom that sat at the other end of the building.

When we got into the bathroom I wasn't to intent on having a conversation, so I went straight to the urinal and got to my business, not really noticing that Curtis wasn't beside me like someone using the bathroom would be, but instead he was behind me, standing with his back to the sink, arms crossed as he stood towards my back.

Once I was finished I made my way to the sink, the buzz from the two pints numbing any vibes that I would normally be getting off of a man glaring at me in a public bathroom.

"Man, you seem like a great guy. I'd hate to see you hurt."

I blinked. Then looked up at Curtis who held out a paper towel for me in his hands. Confused, I took it and dried my hands, the only thing coming out of my mouth was a low"Huh?"

"Look, I didn't want to be the one to tell you this, but I know Tim is to nice to tell you. Clay is a bit of a, well he's a player. We go out maybe once every other week and there is always a new guy on hi arm."

"I don't know what you're trying to tell me, but Clayton is just my friend." I replied defensively throwing away the paper towel and facing him, the buzz from my drinks now gone, a pit forming in my stomach.

Curtis held up his hands mockingly, a small, almost not noticeable smirk on his lips. "I'm just telling you for your own good, you're not special." And with that he walked out. The door swung behind him as he made his way back to his friends. His. Not mine. I didn't know them.

And maybe I didn't want to.