Lumberjack Chic

Over the last few days Mr. Cartwright and I had been exchanging emails. Nothing major just where we had planned to meet and who to look for.

I had no idea what this man looked like. We had planned to meet in a 50's style dinner just off Ruth avenue. According to his email he would be wearing "Lumberjack chic" with a red flannel shirt and dark blue pants.

I told him I'd be wearing a blue polo with dark washed skinny jeans.

So I had no issue finding my outfit for the next day, all I had to do was shower and be off.

We were set to meet around one. I was awake and ready by nine thirty.

I spent two hours cleaning my house. Which really meant watching TV and doing dishes, I even made my bed which was unusual for me because the only time I made my bed was when I changed the sheets. Which was none to often.

So what did I do to kill time after leaving the house?

Of course I drove down the road Clay turned off on.

I felt like an idiot. Driving up and down the street trying to see if I could spot his truck, when I didn't I realized he could be parked in a garage, a few of the houses did have them. Or he could simply not be home.

Finally twelve thirty hit, and I made my way towards the dinner. I got there by twelve forty-five, and was happy to see I was there before him.

"Can I get you anything to drink sir?" A waitress asked, her brown hair pinned back victory rolls.

"Oh." I said, looking up at her. "Actually, not at the moment. I haven a friend joining me soon though, he might. If you don't mind coming back."

She smiled, probably a little annoyed with me. I worked in the public service, I knew how annoying this could be.

She left going back behind the diner bar, wiping down where an old man had just finished eating.

I was to busy taking my tablet out when the door chime rang, and to bust putting my note book on the table to hear anyone walk towards me.

"You must be Gabriel." A confidant, familiar voice said from in front of me. My eyes snapped up and fell on a tall man in a red flannel jacket.

"Fuck"