Boyfriends

I knew I was gay from a young age. While my brothers were outside playing with their trucks, and basketball, I was inside doing my mothers hair, playing with the dolls I had to beg my father to buy. Being one of three triplets made it hard to figure out my own personality. But I had managed. I think my brothers, Grant and Garrett had more trouble finding themselves over me, being two straight boys who had a lot of the same interests.  I had my first boyfriend when I was four, his name was Levi and he lived next door, he used to walk into my house like he owned it. We had our first kiss outside of his kitchen window. A week later I went to his house to see of he'd want to walk to Jill's, the corner store at the end of our block that my uncle owned. But when his mom answered the door and said he was to busy I thought nothing of it.

And I still didn't when the moving van showed up and I never saw him again.

I mean I was four, I was just really upset that my best friend moved away. My mom told me they moved to the North side of town. Which as a kid seemed so far away.

After that I dated four other boys, Matthew, Dryden, Anthony and Jack.  Dryden and Jack are still good friends of mine. But we didn't go any further then that anymore.

I had never been with a woman. I had no reason to. Nothing about them excited me. I liked my round mound of fat in the back, not the front. Plus the sounds they made were just.. weird.

But I had been single for two years now, leaving my last boyfriend, Matthew, in the fabulous dust that I left behind. But being a single twenty-four year old sucked. I didn't like sleeping around. I mean, it doesn't mean I haven't slept around. Because I have. I just hated doing it. I hated the feeling after, the walk of shame. The running out before the wife got home. Besides the fun of sex, there was nothing in sleeping around for me. 

So when Friday night finally came around, instead of going out to the clubs and getting laid, I stayed in making sure I had all my questions and topics ready for Mr. Cartwright interview tomorrow.

To say I was excited was an understatement. This could be a turning point in my career, or it could be its downfall.

But I was optimistic.

When the time to go to bed finally came around I had to take a sleeping pill just to go to sleep. Anxiety was eating me alive, but I could do this.

Or I hoped.