Clay

I was driving to my other job when I saw him again. He was pulled into an Esso gas station, his four door red truck sticking out with all the smaller vehicles.

So I did what any normal person would do.

Even though my tank was only filled three days ago, and was three notches away from full I pulled into the gas station, parking at the pump on the opposite side of his. He stood there, looking at nothing particular as he waited for the gas to fill.

I jumped out of my small two door 2014 Nissan 370. I lifted the pump and being fully prepared to pay inside. The whole time I stood there filling the small tank of my car I couldn't help but turn my head every two seconds to make sure he was still there. And lucky for me, he was.

Just as the pump dinged, and stopped pumping gas into my car a man walked from the building heading towards the big truck. "Hey Clay, they didn't have any ketchup chips, you gotta settle for sour cream and onion. Sorry bro."

"As long as you didn't get me your crappy salt and vinegar again. That shit should be illegal."

Both men laughed, and I swooned. That voice.

His voice,

It was amazing, masculine, smooth.

Perfect.

I wanted to hear more of it's perfectness. I wanted to hear him speak more. I wanted to hear that laugh again.

But it was to late. As soon as the other man got into the truck. He was gone. The truck speeding away down the road.

But I was to far gone. The addiction set in. The fire burning to be near him again.

Clay.

I wanted to know more about Clay.