Doughnut Days

I sat at my desk, reading email after email that Joshua had sent me, when he finally made his way out of the office and stopped at my desk.

Joshua was a good guy, but came off as rude from stress. Once a month he got all bitchy and complain-y. We always joked that he was on his period. But we all knew it was because  publishing time and he had a lot of his plate as CEO.

Josh was a short man, standing at maybe 5'6. He worked out but was still a wider guy, his dark brown hair fell to the side of his head like a comb over sort of fashion. He wore a blue plaid shirt and dark jeans. The only thing showing that he had money was the Rolex on his wrist.

"I'm off to my four o'clock with David. If I'm not back by five come looking at me. Lord knows he'll talk my ear off. Keep two hours tomorrow afternoon open as well. I'm going to have to visit my mother. Fallon has been on me about going to see her. And you know what he's like when doesn't get his way." Joshua joked grabbing his denim jacket off the coat rack. "And for the love of god make sure Rhonda doesn't eat all the doughnuts in the staff room again. One more time and we're not going to be able to have staff doughnut day anymore."

"I I Captain." I said back jokingly saluting him as he walked passed. He just gave a small smile and continued on his way pocketing his phone and heading into the  elevator.

After clearing his schedule and sensing Megan a warning email about it being cleared and not to book anything for that time I got up to stretch my legs and make my way to the staff room

And sure enough there was Rhonda, the 4'6 woman with her black twisted hair in a loose band behind her head, she was a funny lady, almost loud and proud. She was the company lawyer. Meaning She made sure all contracts were signed, that any names in any articles were correct and legal to use. That no protects were talked about if we didn't have forms for them before hand. Once a month she would take Julia, the assistant in our ads department and read through the draft of the magazine and make sure everything was A OK.

Doughnut days happened on the second Monday of every month. It made everyone excited, we've only have three, and so far each time Rhonda took three doughnuts back t her desk and they are never seen again.

"Eh bubble! Whatta you doin' ova here dis time of tha' day?" She asked putting one of three donuts on her plate. We called me bubble because apparently I had a bubble butt. Which I disagreed  with, my butt was no match for her beach ball. Rhonda is a round woman, big butt, big boobs, big personality. She had on a gray pantsuit with the blazer left open showing her low cut black top fringes going down the V.

"Rhonda, you know the rules. There is one doughnut for everyone. The last few doughnut days Carlos and Vivian haven't gotten their doughnuts because there are none left."

"You can't be putting chocolate jelly filled doughnuts in front of me and not have me eatin' them."

"How about we make a deal." I said, leaning my hands on the white table in the middle of the break room. I looked eye to eye to Rhonda who stood on the ugly blue carpeting of the room, making the beige walls look dull. Cupboards dressed the far wall of the room, dull wooden and white cupboards. The whole door was down right boring. Expect for the Tim Horton's box on the table. "Next Doughnut day I'll bring you a box. Just for you. But you've gotta put he doughnuts down and only take one. Joshua's orders."

She let out a huff of air putting all but one doughnut down and walked passed me. "Last time I share my jolly ranchers with that big headed bimbo."

"I'm sorry Rhonda!"

"I like my nuts extra chocolates Bubble!"