Chapter 16

Kirstie POV

Avi practically dragged me over to where everyone else was. He must be excited to go swimming!

"Took y'all long enough! Hurry let's goo!!" Mitch said.

Everyone started to take off their clothes exposing their bathing suits. I glanced over at Avi who was talking with Kevin just as he pulled off his shirt. I tried to turn away, but to no use. I raked my eyes over his body examining every detail. I never realized how fit he actually was. He turned to put his shirt on the ground so I quickly averted my eyes in fear that he might catch me. I looked at my clothes on my body.

Welp here goes nothing.

I peeled off my clothes, exposing my bathing suit and immediately felt self-concious. I don't know why I would, I mean we're just going swimming.

Avi POV

I had just taken off my shirt and was talking to Kevin. In the middle of him telling me about some story he had heard about this lake a while back ago I zoned out and glanced toward Kirstie. Wow, she was beautiful, her curves, the way her hair just flowed perfectly just past her shoulders. She was stunning. I was raking my eyes up and down her frame soaking in every detail about her, until she looked at me.

Shit.

I quickly turned away and I could feel my face flush.

Damn it, she caught me. Way to go Avi! Way to go! She for sure knows now... Ahhh! Damn it how could you be SO STUPID?!

"Avi?" I snapped back into reality by Kevin waving his hand in front of my face.

"W-what?" I studdered out.

"You didn't hear a single word I said, did you?" He asked laughing.

"I... Uh...."

"Haha that's okay. That is totally okay." He said smirking and walking over to the others.

I bet he saw me too. I am going to have to get better at hiding this! Maybe I shouldn't, maybe I should just tell Kirstie what I feel for her...

Suddenly, I was brought out of my thoughts by a screaming Scott.

"Hey guys lets jump in the water together!"

We all went to the dock and stood in the order of what we would on stage, along with Esther and Ryan. So the order went Ryan, Esther, Kevin, Mitch, Scott, Kirstie, and myself. I got up to the edge and saw Kirstie next to me out of the corner of my eye.

"Avi?" She asked.

"Y-yeah?" I stammered staring at the water, not making eye contact.

"You okay?"

"Y-yeah. I'm fine." I said still not looking at her.

"You don't look fine. What ever happened to just having fun?" She nudged my arm and laughed.

When she touched me it felt like electrical shocks storming through my body, causing butterflies to make their home in my stomach.

"Yeah, fun. I'm just..... afraid of the water. That's all." I lied.

Maybe she'll believe me.

Kirstie POV

He's lieing, I can tell.

"Oh okay." I said, hoping he'll think I believe him. I caught him staring at me earlier and his face flushed red, so I think that's the real reason for his sudden change in attitude. He looked really nervous, so I laced my fingers with his and wrapped my other arm around his. This is probably a dead give away, but I told him I was going to tell him why I was in tears earlier, which means telling him my feelings sooooooo.... He's going to find out sooner or later. He seemed shocked by my sudden action because it took him a couple seconds before he gripped my hand back. I stood on my tippy toes so I was able to reach his ear.

"It's going to be okay." I whispered.

He finally turned and looked at me and smiled.

"Thanks." He said squeezing my hand.

"Ready?! ONE... TWO.... THREE!!!!" We all counted down and jumped in together. The water was colder than I expected, much colder. I felt like I went down into the water pretty far, but I still couldn't touch the bottom. I can swim, but it was still nerve racking that I couldn't reach the bottom. I paniced a little and swam to the top. I burst out of the water and grabbed on to something, or someone rather, Avi.

"Oh, hey there." He chuckled.

His hair was swooshed to the side and sticking to his face because of the water. I had my hands on his upper chest area and his hands were around my waist.

"Oh- I- uh... Sorry." I studdered out.

"It's perfectly fine. Can you swim? It's okay if you can't."

"No, no, no, I can. I just can't touch the bottom. I'm really short you know." I said looking away laughing.

"Yeah, I can't either, but it's good you can swim though. Because...."

Suddenly, Avi pulled me under the water. He grabbed me by the waist and wouldn't let me go. I tried pushing him off, but he was too strong. I was thinking of what to do, because it was obvious he wasn't going to just let me go. I was almost out of breath when I had an idea. He still had me by the waist and wasn't about to let go, so I grabbed the sides of his face and kissed him on the cheek. He was so shocked he released me. Bingo. I swam to the top and just started laughing and he soon came up after me.

"What was that?" He asked me in complete shock, flipping his hair to the side.

"I'll tell you right after you tell me what that was!" I said refering to him dragging my under water without warning.

"Touchè." He said and swam towards me.

"Nuh-uh, Kaplan. I don't know if I can trust you again." I teased.

"Come onnnn." He whined.

"Nope." I smirked and swam over with everyone else and he followed.

"Damn! I thought y'all died under there!" Mitch said.

"He tried to drown me." I smirked at Avi.

"I tried no such thing!" He said holding his hands up in defense.

"Sureeee." I teased again.

We all laughed and continued to swim. I was having a great time, but I couldn't help but think about later tonight. I don't think I'm ready to confess my feeling to Avi.

AN: Heyyyyy you wonderful people you :* hope y'all liked the chapter and thanks for reading and voting!! Love you guys!

*blows kiss*

Gooood byeeeeee