One.

Book written in 2017, I was only about 15 years old.
Read with a positive mind. Thanks.

Monday, July 17th 2017.
Kalia.

"Damn." I mumbled as I looked over at this non-working ass alarm clock. It read 10:49 when I was supposed to be at work at 9:00 on the dot.

Maybe a few minutes late wouldn't hurt. Right? Or, an hour.

I rolled out of bed slowly and sadly before stretching and walking to the bathroom. I honestly hate being late for work today because I was new there and being a newbie and also being late didn't mix.

But I was up all night doing grown people shit. So I was tired this morning.

I had finally got dressed, time seemed to only pass much faster as I was doing my morning routine. I hurried and grabbed my purse and jogged out of my apartment building hurrying over to the shop.

It was not far, it was down the block and as soon as I walked in to the loud unisex salon it seemed as if all eyes were on me. I had only been working here for about two weeks and I liked it so far, everyone was cool for right now.

I sat my purse down in one of my cubbies at my station as most of the shop continued their conversation before I walked inside. Every one was having a friendly argument about the whole Remy Ma and Nicki Minaj situation.

Remy won Best Female Rapper at the 2017 BET Awards last night. Personally, i don't know one Remy song but I'm sure we all know who the real best female artist is.

"Wait wait.. hold up. We just gone act like Kalia ain't come in hea mad late tho?" Trey said.

"..yes." I mumbled. Everyone laughed.

"Come on Bria." I called out for my first client who was already here waiting on me.

She rose up from her seat and came to sit in my chair. I was doing a sew-in on her since she had a birthday photoshoot later today. I know she was probably mad I was late, but that's besides the point.

"But kalia we were talking about who should've won the Best female rapper award.. I say Remy earned it." Serenity said standing across from me, doing a ponytail on her client.

"And I say nicki." I spoke out while chuckling a little. She really thought I was gonna take her side with this, knowing in my eyes that Nicki is that bitch.

"All y'all just dumb asf. Remy been doing this shit, Nicki only was shining cause Remy was in jail."

"Rap one remy song....no wait tell me one of Remy's coldest bars... no scratch that, just simply say a title of a Remy-Ma song and i'll cashapp you right now" Trey said. I rolled my eyes, now thats some impossible shit.

"Fuck you. Don't even talk to me anymore." She shook her head and I laughed again but for some reason the shop had got quiet.

I looked up and there was my boss, Rahkeem walked in.

His ugly ass was cool, he didn't nag or fuss that much. But he was just the type of guy that if their's a discussion going on he makes it lame and he does the most about anything when it comes to his opinion. Every one knows someone who just wont shut the fuck up.