Seventeen.

Kalia.

I slowly gave the waitress the menu back before placing my hands back in to Jay's jacket. He looked up at me after doing the same with his menu.

He took me to IHOP since he promised breakfast but didn't commit to it, which was kinda my fault. "You good?" I nodded. "Don't lie to me." I gave him a look signaling him to stop. He sat back in his seat, sipping his orange juice and scrolling on his phone. I sighed , "Jay.."

"Hm?"

"Are you mad?" He shook his head at me and smiled. "what ima be mad for shorty?"

"That I fucked with Rell instead of you.." He shook his head while putting his phone down and connecting his eyes with mine. "I could never be mad at you."

I smiled. "Is that a fake smile or is it real?"

I shrugged. "I don't even know anymore..i'm always faking so I can't even tell the difference." He sighed and grabbed my hand.

"You don't have to fake in front of me. I told you that." I nodded as our Waitress came back out with our food. We both thanked her and while Jay dove in, I sat there with a lost appetite.

"We can go if you want, I'll take it to go."
"Can we please?"

He called for the waitress to come back and asked for a to go box and the check. Once she brought everything back he paid for the food plus the time and began put his food in the box. We walked out of IHOP and to the car, getting inside.

Once we got inside he drove off to his house. Jay's phone rang and it was his babymomma. She never called when I was around, it wasn't like I was around alot anyways.I wondered if she remembered me from Rell's house. Maybe not.

He answered and it didn't take long for them to start arguing. He then took a U-turn while he hung the phone up. "Where are we going?" I said sitting up alittle.

"She trippin about Aubrey again so Ima go get her."

We made it to her house and as soon as he got out the same girl came outside and was yelling at him. I only looked away to stay out of it and to make sure she didn't recognize me.

But of course she did.

I heard her say something about her brother getting jumped and how he had bitches in the car that she paid for. That made me look up. Well, the Rell part had me all ears because I didn't know that anyone fought him.

She came to the car thinking I was his girlfriend or something but she noticed that it was me. "Aren't you that girl that was at Rell's house?" I nodded. "I knew it, I seen so many pictures of you. Why you with this bum?" They then started arguing again not letting me talk. I laughed a little to ease the tension. The two of them stopped and looked at me.

It was awkward silence.

Jay got Aubrey into the car and then got in himself , driving off. "Hi Aubrey."

She smiled at me. "Hi..are you doing my hair?" I shook my head and then looked at Jay.

"Jay can you take me to Serenity's house?" He
nodded, still mad I guess. I sat back and listened to the Radio guy talk about an upcoming concert

We got to Serenity's house and I got out after thanking him and walking inside. Next thing I know they were hugging me.

This is gonna really mess with their heads.

——
Did you catch the joke? (they said it would mess with Kalia's head but she said it would mess with theirs. 😂 )
No? Mkay.