Three.

Friday
Kalia.

The shop was packed. It was around 3 o'clock and my lunch break was soon. I was hungry as shit, like always.

I love food. I love to eat. It's my comfort.

I made a phone call to Jay, he told me to call him on my lunch break and he would bring me some of the food that his mom cooked for the birthday party.

He said it would be like an appetizer or pre-party food before I get there, but i believe he just wanted to see me. He's like my friend but with food benefits!

"Do you guys have some Sprite?" He was talking back at me through the phone, letting me know he got the sprite and was already outside. I walked to the entrance door and grabbed the food from him, thanking him before walking back to my station.

"Girl why he bringing you food? Isn't that the little girl's daddy?" Serenity questioned, looking over at me once he left.

I shrugged and sat down in my chair. "Yeah, he's just being nice."

"Mhm and I wonder why." I looked up noticing that Jasmine was now butting into our conversation. As if she wasn't already a side-chick.

"Damn he's just nice. everything is not all that deep sometimes. We dont even flirt. I dont see him like that."

"mhmmm.. thats always the excuse."

"Why don't you see him like that? He's cute, I would be all over that." Jasmine had a smile on her face but I just continued to eat my home cooked meal. There was plenty of yellow rice, oxtails, greens, and mac and cheese. It all tasted delicious, I like his mom already. "Even if he wasn't cute? he got money bitch!" Serenity said agreeing with Jasmine.

I guess the both of them had been watching and wishing for a spot that I didn't even know I was in.

"If you want a Chris brown that's not gone happen. Sometimes the Jay-z's are better."

"What are you talking about Jas?" I laughed after realizing what she had just said and then they laughed afterwards. "He's not even ugly. So he gives very much Chris Brown vibes. A darkskin one tho!"

"I'm just saying if you looking for a nigga who's fine, got money, and all of that then you gotta pick at least one flaw because life it doesn't work like that...shit look at Keem."

"What you said nigga?" We all laughed even harder and I shook my head. "Y'all are a mess." I knew exactly what Jasmine meant, because Keem definitely wasn't the best looking guy but he did have money. He also has a girlfriend too so I still don't understand Jasmine's concept.

I got done eating my food and finished it all up with my sprite on the side. I was full, sleepy, and ready to go home. But I couldn't go just yet because I had a party to attend. The party starts at 4:30 and so I closed all appointments after 5.

I'm acting like this girl is my child. But we did grow a bond over the few days, we've been to the arcade and everything. I couldn't miss her party because I know she would want me there, its like we were best friends.

-

"Come on Ms. Kaliya, take another shot!" One of Jeremiah's boy cousins said. I hesitated at first but it seemed like everyone else was already drunk, so I grabbed a shot glass and threw the liquid back in to my mouth. This was my third shot and I had only been here for 15 minutes. I think his family could tell I was nervous and shy but they were nice and made sure I felt welcomed.

I honestly forgotten I was at a kid's party for a second.

No one questioned out loud if I was his girlfriend, but I know they were thinking it. Which is completely wrong. He was cool but i definitely have a boyfriend already.