Walk to School

Alice's POV

I yawn waking up, sitting up I look over to see Ema still asleep. I hit dismiss on her alarm clock and shake her up. I grab my phone and text Eira asking her about soccer and what I should do.

I get dressed in a plain skinny jeans and a plain purple hoodie and black shoes. My plan today, thanks to Eira, is to go to school with Subaru since I don't actually remember the way to the school and the girl never told me what time to meet her. Eira even gave me some tips on soccer, since it was a sport she said to wear a sport bra and so that's what I'm doing and to get a headband so I'm borrowing Ema's pale mint green one, I choose that one since I know green is one of the school's color. I also grab a small bag and grab a water bottle and a few snacks, along with my pouch that has my work stuff and phone. Just in case I get called in.

I wait for Ema to get dressed, "so today's Subaru's birthday, are you gonna get him anything?" She asked me as she put on her uniform.

"Really?!"

"Yea, he's turning 20. I'm making a cake for it."

"Hmm, I don't know... We don't really know each other well... I think of something" I smile.

We head to the kitchen for breakfast and we run into Subaru and Yusuke at the table.

"Good morning" I smile and they nod as we eat once again it was, Ema, Yusuke, Subaru, Ukyo, Juli, Wataru and I eating breakfast. I finish first and get up and wash my dish.

"Hey, um Subaru is it okay if I walk with you to your school? You know since I have to meet the soccer girl.." I put my dish away.

"Uh sure.." He nodded finishing his food.

I smile, "thanks so much."

"Yea.."

I grab my bag and follow Subaru to the elevator and I go pale, "I-I uh... I-I'll meet you down there.. I forgot to t-tell Ema s-something.."

He looked at me weirdly but nodded and I watch as the doors close before running to the stairs and I run down skipping a few by jumping over the railing a few times, but I stopped doing that remembering the pain in my legs. I some how managed to beat Subaru. I inhale to catch my breath, I didn't sweat too much my body used to this. That's the only thing good that comes with motion sickness, I have amazing stamina, due having to travel a lot by foot.

Along the way I try to start a conversation with my new brother, we've had a rocky awkward road so far, "Sooo... Um thanks again for letting me walk with you"

"Uh yea, its no problem I guess" he said and it was followed by an awkward silence.

"So um you play basketball, right? Tell me about it. I'm not really familiar with it. Heck I don't even know anything about it except for what the clothes and ball looks like."

"Really? Oh um okay well, its really fun and takes a lot of work." And for the first time since we've met there was no awkwardness and we started to get along. I listen as he explain it to me.

Subaru's POV

"Hehe maybe when we have free time you can teach me how to play." Alice smiled at me.

"Y-yea maybe" I said looking away my cheeks feeling a little warm. I see my school and I turn to Alice  "oh we're here."

"Aww I wanted to talk more" She whined as her cheeks puffed out a little as she pouted, I couldn't help but feel my heart skip a beat a little.

"W-well um w-we can walk h-home together I-if you w-want." I looked at her a little shocked.

"Really?" She stop pouting looking at me, her blue eyes seemed to sparkle as she looked up at me. I gulp nervously and nodded my heart pounded against my chest. Her face broke out into a cute cheeky smile.

"Thanks so much Subaru I would love that."

"N-no p-problem." I put my hand on her head and ruffled her hair before speed walking away my face burning.

'What was that?! Why was she so happy?! My heart won't calm down! She was just so cute.. Wait! Cute?! Did I just think she was cute?! She's my sister! I can't think like that!'

Alice's POV

I fix my hair as Subaru walked away, "what was that for?" I pout a little walking into the grounds and I head towards the field, that's most likely I would find her. I hum to myself walking.