Soccer Practice

All of a sudden I heard a loud squeal from behind so I turn around. Gleaming brown eyes sparkled, as brown short hair shined in the morning sun. She was standing next to the girl who invited me to the soccer in a group of girls. The girl with short brunette hair started running to me. I watch as the other girls start walking towards me. The girl gets to me grabbing my hands and starts shaking them.

"OMG! Hi! Your kick was super awesome yesterday! You ripped the net! That's crazy power!"

"Uh thanks?" I blush and force a unsure smile.

"Sora that's enough, Mako already scared her yesterday." A hand was placed on the girl's shoulder.

I look besides the 'Sora' girl to see the group of girls standing behind her. The hand belonged to a lavender colored hair girl with hazel eyes. She held her head up with pride, she reminded me of Eira they both had this queen like presence.
'Sora' let me hands go and backed away. Standing in front of me, I counted 9 girls.

"Uh.. Hi.. I'm Alice Hinata just call me by my first name...and um.. Sorry about breaking your net yesterday.." nervously play with the ends of my hair.

"Its alright, my name is Miyu Tanaka I'm the captain." She smiled and placed her hand on the blonde girl's shoulder, "This is Sora Saito. The girl who ran after you is Mako Kobayashi shes the vice captain."

Miyu started to name all the girls, when she finished she smiled at me, "This is our team, its pretty small because its new."

I nodded, the other girls left as she started walking me to a building. We walked into a office of some sort and I had to sit in a chair and wait as Miyu walked into a room. It took about ten minutes for her to come back and she handed me some papers.

"Welcome to the team, Alice. Come back to the field after school and I'll give you your soccer gear."

I put the papers in my bag, "Alright I'll see you later then."

She nodded and we went our separate ways. I walked out the school, texting Eira she gave me a small list of items to past the time til the school was over.

Timeskip

I yawn finishing collecting so I head back to the school. I see barely anyone so I guess classes are still on. I go to the field, a few balls are gathered by one of the nets I walk over and grab one.

"So what should I do now...?" I sigh getting an idea I pull out my phone and look up easy beginner soccer skills. I watch a few videos and try out one. Bouncing the ball on my knees that doesn't seem too hard.

I lift my knee and drop the ball on it and I watch as the ball bounces off my knee as it comes down I knee it again and again. Pretty soon am doing the same thing as the guy in the video.

"Hey this isn't that hard.... Good thing I got balance." I knee the ball harder and start bouncing the ball on my head, next I try my foot and the ball went flying off. I pout sighing and I go chasing after the ball.

I continue to try and bounce the using my foot, I believe it's called dribbling the ball but I couldn't get the hang out of it the best I could do was 3 before either the ball went flying or I slip and fell.

I stopped when I heard hands clapping behind, I turned around and see a few of the girls along with Miyu clapping, I blush holding the ball.

"For someone who doesn't know what soccer is, you do a pretty good header." Miyu smiled as they stopped clapping.

"I uh watched a video and read some stuff about it" I shyly smile.

Miyu came up to me and handed me some grey clothes with green strips on it, "this is our practice jersey, follow us to the locker room to change."

I nod and follow her, changing into the grey shirt and shorts Miyu handed me some black shoes with weird bumps on the bottoms.

"You can borrow Sora's old ones until you can get your own" She smiled as I slowly nodded.

I put on the weird shoes, standing up I slowly walk towards the door My hands out holding my balance. I relax a bit seeing as I'm basically at the door, but that was a huge mistake.

"Why ya movin so slow new girl?" A hand pat my back and that's when I saw the floor get very close to kiss my face.

You could hear my face as it hit the ground. I sigh, "ow...." I slowly peel my face off the ground

"Why'd you do that!" Mako's voice boomed followed by noises of struggled words of 'I didn't mean to'.

I turned around to see a similar looking girl in Mako's headlock, Mako's blackish brown hair was tied in a ponytail with a big blue bow, while the other girl's hair was short reaching her jawline. Both their skin where a tan color like they just got back from a few days at a beach. Mako's brown eyes were a lighter shade than the girl's almost black eyes. Mako was a bit taller than the girl as the girl was on her tiptoes trying to get a bit of air.

I shake head getting back to reality, "I'm fine I swear, I'm just clumsy. I'm used to falling." I force an awkward laugh.

"If you say so." Mako let her go and helped me up, "sorry about my lil sis, she and I are pretty strong"

'They're sisters.. That makes sense they look alike..'

"Its fine, I'm all good" I puff out my chest and they laugh, and we all walked to the field.

I followed Miyu instructions and sticked with Mako. Mako taught me all the basics in soccer and the rules and when I got everything, Mako and I joined the rest of the team in practice.

I practiced with a girl named Konami Nakamura, she had long puffy curly looking blonde hair and grass green eyes and has a huge chest I wonder if her chest is as big as Lucy's... she's kinda tall too and has a lot of muscles in her legs, she was really nice and upbeat. She was really good at making long passes which Miyu said I should test that out first because I had a powerful kick.

I had a hard time with aiming, I couldn't quite get the ball to go in the direction I wanted it to go.

"Alice! You have to kick with the inside of your foot! Not your toes!" Konami yelled to me showing how to kick again.

I wipe the sweat off my forehead, I've been trying to kick the ball and having to run after it everytime it goes off the field, which is basically every kick I attempt.

"...s...sorry..." I huff out jogging to get the ball, my jelly legs couldn't run anymore.

"ALRIGHT WATER BREAK!!" Miyu yelled and I sigh in joy.

I get the ball and jog to the team, Mako handed me a water bottle and which I chugged it down hungrily.

"Oh, Hinata-san your phone has been ringing for awhile now." I look towards a older woman who I learned is manager of the team.

"R-really? I wonder who it is?" I grab my phone from her, I gave it to her before practice just in case.

I look at the caller ID, Eira, why would she be calling me? I did my collecting and I have the day off. I sigh and answer the phone.

"Hel-"

"ANSWER YOUR PHONE WHEN I CALL DAMMIT!!"

I whince at the screaming voice on the other line and I pull my phone away from my ear and my whole team looked at me.

"Is your phone on speaker..or something..?" Konami asked me

"No...she's just yelling at me..." I sigh, placing the phone close to my ear, "Sorry I was practicing.."

"I DONT CARE!! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE NOW!!" And that was the last thing I heard before she hung up.

"I guess I have to go back to work now..." I force a laugh and the girls nod.

"Good luck, it seems like ya need it" Mako's little sister, Makoto, patted my back and I nod.

I go back to the locker room and change, grabbing my bag I walk out and wave bye to my teammates before heading to the council building to see why I was called in.