Pretenses

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm. I reached out to snooze it when I glanced at the time on my phone's lock screen. Seven fifty five, that gives me about thirty five minutes to dress up and go to work. I couldn't be late again, especially not today when I have a meeting!

I quickly rushed to the bathroom and, after putting on a showercap, had the quickest shower of my life. Afterwards, while I was washing my face and brushing my teeth, I was trying to remember what kept me up so late yesterday night. Was I watching a movie? Nope. Ok then I was probably working. I wasn't. And then i remembered; I was balling my eyes out which resulted in a migraine that prevented me from sleeping. Not again. For God's sake I didn't even prepare for my speech today.

Getting out of the bathroom, I quickly dried up and then put on a full length black skirt and tucked in a long sleeved silky cream shirt. Then I quickly picked out a deep blue head scarf and put it on, finishing the look with deep blue pumps. My nails were already done in a soft grey shade. Make up time.

I wasn't a huge fan of make up but it completed my confident look. Looking at myself in the mirror I added a thin layer of colorless antigrease/antisweat powder. I was satisfied with my complextion. I wasn't white but so lightskinned, you'd think I was a Latina. I added a bit of mascara, winged my eyeliner and a little bit of concealer under my eyes. I finished it off with my favourite raspberry flavoured tinted lip balm.

Grabbing my laptop bag, I headed to the kitchen and started the coffee maker. While it was brewing I picked out a coffee cup from my collection (yes, I love coffee that much). I peeked at my wrist watch to see that I had 10 minutes left. I quickly grabbed my now full coffee cup, laptop bag, hand bag, sunglasses and keys and quickly ran out after locking my apartment.

Just when I was about to start my car, my phone began to ring. I started the car, revved out of the parking lot and since my phone was already connected via Bluetooth, answered the call. Gale's warm voice filled the car,"Boss, where are you?" He sounded concerned. Even though we were friends outside work and he had a great sense of humor, he always kept formal in the building."The meeting starts at 8:45!" I looked at the time, 8:27. "I'll be there in eight." I told him and ended the call. This is the third time I'm late this month; very unlike me. It's just that I'm starting to have these breakdowns more often than before.

And by "breakdowns" I mean these nights when I'm in a shitty mood, when I feel miserable, when I feel like although I'm a General Manager; my work still controls me, when I feel like I have absolutely no body by my side, when I remember my painful past, when loneliness hits me like a ton of bricks, and most importantly I remember that nobody needs me or even loves me, I'm literally all alone. These events leave me crying, which leads to a migraine, then a pounding headache and I can't sleep. Then I wake up and my day is like today.

Oh I'm so pathetic. Crying over being so lonely at night and in the morning I go back to acting ever so independent, like I'm happy with my life and don't need anybody.

I pulled up in my designated parking space. I sighed deeply, putting on my sunglasses. Killing the engine I took a deep breath and wore a confident smile... It's Showtime.
___________________________________
Don't let me down - Daya

Crashing, hit a wall
Right now I need a miracle
Hurry up now I need a miracle
Stranded, reaching out
I call your name but your not around... I say your name but you're not around

I need ya, I need ya, I need ya right now..
Yeah I need you right now... so don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down... I think I'm losing my mind now
It's in my head, darling I hope, that you'll be here when I need you the most so don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys,
How was that chapter?
Crappy? I know. This chapter is just to show Talia's background concerning accommodation, job and feelings. The real deal starts next chapter. Don't let me down shows Talia's emotions. But feel free to comment any song you think goes with the chapter.

☆Vote, comment, share and follow cuz I follow back.
Don't forget to add the book to your library so that you're notified whenever I update. Til the next chapter guys..

✌Peace out