Mixed Emotions

Zachay's POV

After the ceremony, and being congratulated by all, Talia and I headed home. To my home.

It appeared that Rana, was not swayed by the truth. I knew Talia was going to tell her about our arrangement when she called he over but nothing changed. After we chatted a bit with everyone, it was time for us to head home and Talia took her duffel bag from Rana's car boot.

After such a long day, I assumed she was drained. She confirmed my assumptions by yawning with droopy eyes as soon as we pulled out of the parking lot. She got comfortable on the passenger seat and was facing away from me, looking out into the rapidly dimming sky. It was almost night now.

Neither of us said a word and after a while it became unnerving. The silence was literally deafening. I noticed her eyes were closed, maybe she was asleep?

"Tired?" My tone was soft enough to surprise me.

Her eyes fluttered open before she replied, "Exhausted, that beauticuan you booked was fit for the military."

"But it did pay off." I glanced at her with a warm smile.

She returned my smile and went back to closing her eyes. Well that was a short conversation. I could tell she was tired maybe also hungry.

"You wanna get something to eat?" I asked stopping at the traffic lights next to my neighbourhood, it's just a five minute drive from here.

This time she spoke with her eyes closed "Sounds tempting, I havent eaten a bite since eight but I'm too tired. Maybe in the morning."

I was appalled, does she run on batteries? It's unhealthy to not eat for that long, but she did look drained. We're going to have to compromise.

"Tell you what? I'll order in, that way you can change, meanwhile the food will have arrived." I took a right and there was my building standing tall and proud. I went straight into the automatic basement garage.

"Sounds good. You live here?" She lazily eyed the building.

I nodded and went around to open the door for her but not before grabbing her bag. She got out and almost stumbled had I not caught her. Giving me a sheepish smile she half-whispered "I'm sorry I'm just really sleepy."

In the lighting of the elevator, I really had a chance to properly look at her. And she didn't make it too hard with her eyes closed chin slightly raised leaning onto the bars. She was stunning.

The dress was beige with gold designs on the sleeves and hems. She was wearing a metallic gold scarf that accentuated her features, and not a lot of make-up.

Her eyelashes were long and curled, casting shadows on her cheeks. She had a bit of a jawline, not as prominent as mine. But her lips, they were perfect. Not too full, just right. They were in a reddish shade that made them so desirable.

Her eyes flew open as soon as the elevator halted, with a confused face she entered my penthouse. "Your door is an elevator?"

"Well, it's a private elevator, so no one but you and I will use it, I'll be sure to tell you the code."

She paused "Well then I better get changed."

I nodded "And I'll order your food."

Her hand reached out to grab her bag from my hold but I objected. "Here I'll carry this and show you your room. I had my housekeeper clean it yesterday. Tomorrow I'll give you a full tour of the place."

Another yawn "Sounds good."

She followed into the hallway and I showed her the room. As soon as she entered, she looked around and just when I thought she couldn't get more beautiful, she took off her head scarf. Waves of silky hair fell past her shoulders, at first sight, you'd think it was black when in fact, it was a deep mahogany red almost black shade. She stooped down, trying to find her hair-tie that flew a little ways past the bed. I wasn't going to show her where it was. I placed her bag on the dresser and was ready to walk away but she, oblivious to my lingering presence, was trying to unzip the dress zipper. It was too long for her to unzip it all the way, so I did what any gentleman would do, I offered my help "You need some help with that?"

She wheeled around with an embarrassed expression "You're still here."

I raised my eyebrows, signalling that she didn't answer my question. She got the hint and turned around. Making my way to her, I swiftly brushed her hair to one side over her shoulder and started undoing said zipper. It was quite long and as I moved down, I caught a glimpse of the smooth skin on her back and her black bra.

As if in a trance, I ran my hand down her back, then reached over to pull the top part down her arms, but she stopped me. She clutched her dress and turned around to face me, her eyes wide. Her expression silently saying 'what the heck do you think you're doing?!'. I didn't know myself. My hands dropped at my sides and before any of us said anything, I turned around abruptly and walked out after calling "I'll call you when the food comes."

After changing into a t-shirt and some sweats, I heard the intercom "Mr. Adams you have a delivery service, should I let him up ?"

"Please do so, Noah." I replied monotonously, too used to saying the same thing too often.

Placing the food on the table, I knocked on Talia's door. Not having received an answer I barged right in. She was peacefully sleeping on her side, head in the crook of her elbow and knees intertwined. Wearing Bermuda shorts and a pale purple tank, she stood in contrast to the stark white sheets of the bed. I couldn't find it in me to wake her up, so I covered her with the duvet, and looked at her one more time. Her face was relaxed, her lips slightly parted. Without thinking twice, I bent down and placed a kiss on her lips, it was only a quick peck. I then turned off the lights and exited the room.

I don't know what's wrong with me, I keep repeating the same mistakes. I work most of the day and when I go back home, I work some more. There is nothing exciting about myself and today I realized, i was actually excited to finish work so I can see her again. Her call in the morning gave me a push for the day.

Just this morning, I had given myself a pep talk, reminding myself that this was only a temporary arrangement. Promising myself to keep Talia at an arm's length. Yet, here I am, unable to keep my hands off her, feeling extremely possessive over her, intrigued by her every move. This has got to stop, she's only been here for an hour for God's sake!
_________________________________

Hiding My Heart -Adele
This is how the story went
I met someone by accident
Who blew me away
Blew me away
And It was in the darkest of my days
When you took my sorrow and you took my pain
And buried them away, buried them away

I wish I could lay down beside you
When the day is done
And wake up to your face against the morning sun
But like everything I've ever known
You'll disappear one day
So I'll spend my whole life hiding my heart away

Dropped you off at the train station
Put a kiss on top of your head
Watched you wave
And watched you wave
Then I went on home to my skyscrapers
And neon lights and waiting papers
That I call home
I call that home

I wish I could lay down beside you
When the day is done
And wake up to your face against the morning sun
But like everything I've ever known
You'll disappear one day
So I'll spend my whole life hiding my heart away
Away, yeah

Woke up feeling heavy hearted
I'm going back to where I started
The morning rain
The morning rain
And though I wish that you were here
On that same old road that brought me here
It's calling me home
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hola ppl,

Hope you enjoyed that chapter. Comment and tell me what you think. I want you guys to to know that every read, vote and follow make me so happy. That even when you guys comment on the characters, not praising me it still makes me so happy.

I also want to thank everyone who's reading this book. Y'all are amazing.😚😚

Til the next update,
Stay gold

~Raybae