4

💀4💀    

Joseph was about the girl's age who was a college student in their local university. His parents both served the Livinggood home and now whenever he was free, he would serve them as a stable boy. It was only because of his love towards horses. 

He desperately wanted one of his own, a white one, but because he was unable to afford it, he used to come and stand the stable as if the three horses and the other ones, was his own. And the girls trusted their horses with Joseph only.

Joseph knew about their escapade through his father who used to open the stable for the girls at night. He had four sons and his dream of having a baby girl stayed a dream, thus his love towards the Livinggood girls was well used by the girls.

Ever since Joseph saw Lucy, Em and Katie saw the butter melting. However being the good old Lucy, she never realized it.

Whenever Em teased her for having a soft heart around her, she would scold Em for her wild thoughts. Lucy never saw him like that; only as a brother and a friend but that was where Em got wilder. She would always say being a friend is the first step of love. Lucy never saw the end of it.

Thus, coming back after closing the gate of the last stable door, he lost all colors to see Lucy falling down unconscious. Within a blink of an eye, he was near to her, taking her into his hands.

"What happened?" he shakily whispered.

"We got lost and the horses ran through a forest to get here. Lucy screamed, and I think she must have got bit or scratched by something." Em exclaimed anxiously.

Katie was silent. She was always like this. When she was angry or confused, she would be silent, unlike Em who would get feral. Katie ripped of Lucy's sleeve after removing the hoodie and jumped when Em cried out seeing the amount of blood.

"Be quiet," Katie said harshly but nothing could console the fidgety Em.

"Oh my God, oh my God..." Em repeated like a tune that gets stuck in our mind but would get irritating after too many repetitions. Kat just wanted to mute Em.

"Would you be quiet?" Kat said once again to Em.

"It looks like something scratched her but why would she fall unconscious?" Kat said to Joseph.

"May be what scratched her was something allergic or poisonous," Joseph said looking at Lucy's pale face.

"I think we should let our parents know," Kat said.

Em, who was until now going in circles, cried out and exclaimed "What? No, no, no..."

Katie knew why Em got anxious. Because of her wild nature, everyone will blame her for doing something rash. She bit her nails. Joseph saw her nervousness and said, "Don't worry, my uncle is a doctor. I will get him. He lives close by but what would we tell him? He is a very strange man; he will know when we are lying."

"Bring him, we will tell him the truth. It's only two in the morning, we have plenty of time. But make haste and tell him not to tell this to a soul apart from us." Katie said. Joseph nodded his head and head out with Cookie. Black slightly whined.

Em was still pacing nervously and it was a miracle that there was no hole in the ground by now. Kat patted Lucy's face but she didn't open her eyes. Kat asked Em to fetch some water but Em just stared blankly at Lucy.

"Oh dear, sometimes I think you are just a hollow Looney who acts like a stuffed lion." Kat scolded Em as she put Lucy slowly down on the grass and fetched to the tap next to the stable doors to get some water.