20

💀20💀  

As Lucy looked gruesomely at the Father, her face was leaking of a thick black substance from her eyes and nose. It was like she was crying black tar. The scary look in her all black eyes intensified the fear. When Julie and Katy cried loudly; Sharon ushered everyone else out from the room. But the girls and the fathers were adamant that will stay there. However, with much persistence, the head maid took away the mothers from the scene on Sharon's order. The bedroom door was closed shut.   

Sharon was always a girl of mystery and never had an easy childhood, growing up. When her dead grandmother suddenly appeared one day when she was six and said that Sharon was blessed and was touched by the Holy Spirit; she sprinted off to tell her mother. Unfortunately, there was a party and she accidentally screamed to her mother making her vulnerable in front of all the guests. That pilfered every bit of normalcy for Sharon; because she was termed as the freak child, then on.

Nonetheless, her mother was the pillar of strength. She taught her about the supernatural and how they will interfere in our world when necessary. Unfortunately, her mother forgot to teach her about evil spirits. One day she came across an Ouija board given by her nanny who was into the occult. She made Sharon promise that she will call upon it and will not tell her mother. She did exactly that but never used the Ouija board since her grandmother warned her against it. Later, her mother found it out and the nanny was fired.

Since then, Sharon was always given special care by her family and close friends. And now, she was hell-bent in declaring her theory accurate; although the people and the authority behind bench were hell-bent in ridiculing her even though the minuscule evidence she presented were considered authentic.

Thus, she stopped pursuing an education in the paranormal and diverted her interest in psychology and decided to be a therapist. With that, she will be more in touch with the mental wisdom rather than an arm's length away. Plus, learning psychology will only prove her more right in her beliefs.

At present, she accompanied her uncle for her very first case of 'ingenious paranormal happening' although she couldn't write it off as possession completely. For that, she needed time to study. The Demons play their game well and she knows it in many personal and non-personal experiences.

This might be a case of demonic manifestation or oppression of mind. But it can be possession too; if that is the case; Sharon and her uncle were too late; even though it is curable, Lucy's mind would have progressed ages past normalcy. It will be difficult for her to come back; at least, to Sharon's knowledge.

Watching Lucy, Sharon had to question her knowledge in words. In practice, she knew everything is quite different from the pages and exams; this is really happening. Like a surgery can get complicated; exorcism can get severely dangerous.

Lucy showed signs of unnatural strength, different vocals, different tongue, dilating eyes, black eyes, pupil rolling back to show pure whiteness and much more that could only suggest one thing and that was nothing science related; Sharon's heart began to rise rapidly.

Her calculations were wrong; Lucy was possessed. Something tells her the same thing. Sharon started to sweat wondering what is really happening. The bridge mansion is not what she gets when she asks her inner self. There is something in the shadow of the mansion playing games. She wanted to tell her uncle this, but he was in deep concentration with the prayer rather than shouting and asking the thing its name and whereabouts.

Matthews, on the other hand, realized it wasn't what he had originally thought it to be. Lucy was completely possessed. This wasn't a case of manifestation or mind oppression. This was possession. He couldn't deny the fact that he was a bit scared. He always had a higher authority with him to assist possession cases. Now, he was the higher authority to Kruger; alone.