21

💀21💀  

If earthquake could personify; then Livinggood estate was the personification.

With the booming laughter that followed by the threatening tease; the mansion and the land felt like it was rumbling in an earthquake. Lucy was the epitome of it all. Though she was the one who was laughing, it felt like the voices came from all around. It came from the walls, from the ground, from above and from beyond; yet, the screeching terror continued way past a normal human being could aggravate.

Once the laughter subsided, everything turned silent. Dead silence.

Matthews who never broke the prayer once in between the episode was out of breath by the time everything ceased. His brows and face dripped sweat yet his fingers trembled with fear and cold. His throat felt tight from the loud prayers and he could feel his lungs were about to collapse. He slowly knelt down in front of the sleeping girl and prayed to God that the sheep may sleep on her shepherd's lap; so that he, himself, could take rest.

As prayed, Lucy slept for about two hours straight. 

Patrick was astonished to find that Stone family, Peterburgh family, and Hornbill family was waiting patiently, offering prayers and food for the Livinggood family. Patrick, Peter, and Julian wanted to cry since they feared that the town would have rejected them but to see that they were here for them offering support, truly got them crying without a shame.

Julian was breathless to even whisper a thank you as CatherinePeterburgh offered him the cherry pie she baked for them. LeticiaStone gave chicken and bread to the family maid and offered her prayers as the ground shook. Hornbill family just stood by the door where Lucy was and prayed with tears and sweat. Their prayers and presence were enough; more than any morsel of grain they could offer.

As Lucy started to gain consciousness, she wouldn't stop crying. Suddenly, in a very fearful voice, she screamed... "Father Matthews, dear Father Matthews, I thank you for doing this but it's nothing. You are here for nothing. Take the woman away. I saw them. I saw it and we will win but my time is..." Lucy began to tremble.

Through her restrains, she started to shake vigorously like fruits in a blender. The sudden jerking motion scared the entire walls. Matthews was hurriedly on his foot praying when suddenly there was a strong gust of wind forcing him to fall back down. Strong-willed Matthews held to his force and then clutched onto the chair of Lucy, screaming to the powerful wind which came from nowhere.

Lucy suddenly bowed down to his face, stripping the hard restraints and screamed in a mechanical, heavy voice, "Do you, fool, think it is easy to destroy me and sent me back to where I came from? Well, know this you old bugger, that, I wasn't from that stupid house or cemetery but I am from way before. Lucy was always mine. It was a long time since I claimed her, and that was pretty much the excuse she made herself presenting her to my lair. Do you actually think you can destroy me? I am the one who dwells within and I am no longer a smaller army whom you can push me through the gates. Do you understand? Do you understand?" 

Matthews looked deep into the glinting eyes and muttered something, trying to get his voice back from the scream he swallowed in fear. Finally, after breathing in a lot, he got up and asked Kruger and everyone to pray together and this time, stronger; because he thought he might have understood what Lucy was suggesting in her outburst.

He started praying as Lucy started to laugh out loud.

"You cannot defeat me. I don't see you strong enough. Are you strong Kruger? With your heart still beating to have sex with Lucy and Sharon; oh, the moment you saw Sharon, you had your heart raising. You wanted to fall in love so bad, that your seminary was holding you back. I pity you, Kruger. And oh, Sharon, you filthy girl, I know your deepest secrets, Sharon... and you are calling yourself a therapist and a devotee; damn your lies to the lower pits of hell. You realize what danger you possess by lurking freely, pretending to be what you are not in front of me?"