12

💀12💀  

Ever since the last time when everyone was thrown into hysterics, everything was going well without any unexplainable bizarre happenings for a while. As a week had gone by and nothing peculiar took place, Em and Kat once again became the skeptics without hearing a word what their open-minded sister had to say for the fun of it.

After numerous initiations of the subject at certain times; Lucy shrugged the need to even discuss the matter since she knew it was futile. Well, Lucy was never serious in the first place when she wanted to talk about it and that was the only reason why she didn't become cross or mad when Emily mocked Lucy for being the preacher or a rake in Emily's word as Lucy was digging around the dirt. Lucy was only genuinely interested because everything suddenly started to happen; thus, Lucy declared it might be a haunting.

Now, Lucy laughed for being pretentious as she prepared her bed. 

After that she was resting on the large balcony facing the garden and backyard ahead, illuminated by a full moon, waiting for her sisters to complete their chores. She inhaled the crisp night air and let the cold breeze caress her. Suddenly Katie arrived behind her back and tried to push her out. Lucy screamed only to be stifled by Emily who grunted in her signature mock disapproval at Lucy.

"You scream like a baby." Em teased.

"And you snore like a man." Lucy retorted.                           

"No, I don't. Well even then, at least, I don't scream like a girl."

"Guys, stop it you two for at least a day. At times, I feel like slapping the both of you until you knock yourself out and regain consciousness as a new person." Katie said with a smile and sighed.

"Not gonna happen." Emily muttered under her breath to which Lucy muttered, 'dork'.

All three of them stood staring at the beauty ahead in silence then. Something about the air was familiar and spooky at the same time for Lucy. Emily was humming a tune while Katie was smiling at something. Noticing that smile, Lucy asked suspiciously, "What is it? You look terribly happy today!"

"Yeah, I am I finished reading Pride and prejudice; I am happy for Mr.Darcy! I have always known he was a softy even though Elizabeth..."

"Alright, airtight; she was a jerk! Fine! Gosh, how many times have you read that?" Em said rolling her eyes at Katie.

"I just can't stop, ok!" Katie burst out giggling. Emily muttered 'disgusting' under her breath which made Lucy double over in laughter.

"What?" Emily snapped.

"I wish Darcy never married Elizabeth..."

"I will kill you if you say that!"

Katie and Lucy burst out laughing. Em snorted and stayed there fighting back that ghost of a smile on her lips threatening to break out.

Once again, they were silent; listening to nature.

"I wish I had a happy love story like them," Lucy muttered to herself but unfortunately, her sisters heard. Emily snitched her back as she guffawed out loud while Katie smiled affectionately and said she will if she believed in herself. Lucy just smiled and kicked Emily on her shin but that didn't stop Em from laughing.

"I am leaving!" Lucy said.

"Wait, what is that?" Katie exclaimed as Lucy turned to go.

With the change in her tone, teasing to seriousness; Lucy was curious and turned to look at what Katie was staring at. Emily got up from the difficult position she was in, wiping her tears and trying to stifle herself; interested to see what captured Katie's attention. That rarely happens.