11

💀11💀  

Walking through the gardens, Lucy's mind raced through what had happened in the short span of time since they set foot into the house. She wasn't a fool to brush off everything that happened as she was well versed with the same. Lucy was in fact, a devoted fan of paranormal, preternatural, supernatural phenomenon.

Even though she was a strict science lover; she was open-minded for the unexplained. Of course, she like- Katie and Emily who were disbelievers; had a logical explanation for everything but sometimes logics are to be defied.

Sighing loudly, Lucy focused on the early morning colors, the breeze, tiny bud of the sun somewhere on the horizon, the fragrance, dew, and every about the sweet time when the earth was sleeping but was also getting prepared to get up for the day.

Lucy removed her sneakers and held them in her hands while she walked barefoot through the fresh green grass. In the distance, she could see a bunny or two hopping about. Like a switch turned on, she smiled when she heard the birds started singing a different melody as the sun started to climb higher into the sky.

The tranquility and sweet earthy fragrance wrapped Lucy lovingly and she melted into the wetness just the same.

Suddenly, however, Lucy never noticed, the calmness was starting to get cacophonous with the rapid plague of black ravens. Their loud caws silenced the birds and their flapping of the wings numbed every sweet creature around Lucy. Noticing the difference, Lucy opened her eyes; her shoes fell down from her hands.

Surrounding her were thousands of ravens, with long pointed beaks and hollow black eyes that watched her with hunger. They were everywhere; on the ground, on the trees, in the sky, on the branches, simply everywhere. Gasping, Lucy felt uneasy to be surrounded by this many Ravens.

Lucy bends down to pick her shoes and walked hastily back to the house. She simply felt the Ravens following her. Lucy felt she was being followed; thus, she ran to her house only to feel steady footsteps behind her. It sounded as if thousands of people were chasing her.

Somewhere in the middle, she lost her shoes. But she never stopped running nor stopped to pick it up. Crying, and chanting few bible verses that Lucy remembered, she ran through the unperturbed nature, scared for her life.

Suddenly, something was near her.

She could see the house in the distance, growing in size as she was climbing up the small hill at an alarming speed. Nanny was there in the vegetable pad, Lucy can see her. But, just as the nanny was about to see her, Lucy felt a hand holding tight to her wrist.

Looking down to her wrist was a mistake.

Bluish wrinkled hands that looked like a lady's, was wrapped onto her wrist; tight, bruising her. As Lucy was still looking at her wrist fearfully, it made her trip and fall down the small hill. Although it was not a steep hill, she kept on rolling down at a frightening pace making her feel dizzy and close to losing her consciousness.

The rolling through the green meadow indeed knocked her unconscious for a while; only to get up inside the bridge mansion.

Lucy felt her heart beating strongly despite her futile attempts in calming it down. Just the thought of being inside bridge mansion scared and irritated her. Nonetheless, today as she stood inside the house, the aura was unusual. The light was different; a tone different from gloominess. It was dim, soft and almost like a halo.

She was standing in what seemed like the hallway in which she found Katie unconscious. But, now, the hallway was meticulous and ornate. The architecture and interior designing screamed luxuriousness; however, it also showed Lucy how important it all seemed, almost like this belonged to some aristocrat.