15

💀15💀  

A small horrific scene, read with caution.

To say the Livinggood mansion was in a commotion was an utter disgrace to the horror the grownup felt when they knew about the disastrous truth while the youngsters were scratching their head in utter confusion. To exert over emotions were stupid according to them.

It was morning by the time they calmed down but still, the tension was clear in the wind. Katie, Emily, and Lucy tried many times to coax their mothers for answers but they provided none. They heard snippets of their hushed whispers and some of it was letting their local church know about it.

The girls looked each other in real mock pretense while discussing but Lucy was the only one who expressed seriousness. Even Tina expertly advised that might be the right thing to do which was met with Mina rolling her eyes.

After a very light breakfast with no parents accompanying them to eat, which was breaking rule number one in the house; the girls left to the garden to be away from their dramatic parents.

Katie couldn't focus on her interesting mystery classics. Emily had thrown up the fifth attempt in knitting and Lucy was frustrated with Rocky wanting her to pet him quite often. Tina was reading through some scriptures. Mina was the only one who  was happy with what she was doing, eating.

"I say," she munched, drank the juice of her crunchy apple, then said, "We pay a visit to the house and spook your parents real tight." She chewed again.

The girls lightly chuckled at her enthusiastic joke which they knew was partially a request too since Mina was dying to see what caused this circus amongst her parents.

By her word, it was just a house.

"Well, no... Mina, I am not going back there again. Our parents are not usually like this, so there must be a real reason, you see." Katie said hanging her legs from the hammock and keeping her book away, marking with the flower bookmark she loved.

"I understand. However, I wish if they could just, you know, let us know. I don't think and I don't understand what is the meaning behind this." Mina replied.

"Listen..." Lucy said suddenly sitting straight in her hammock with her fingers pressed close to her lips, really listening. She looked around for the origin of the sound but couldn't find anything. A Little while later, she heard it again and unknowingly she broke into a cold sweat.

A slow whistle and a slow music of a soft instrument, more like a flute; combined to form an eerie yet beautiful tune. The music drifted through the air as if warning that something is going to come. Lucy listened intently to fall in love but also fear the music at the same time. Her eyes closed unintentionally and her body relaxed with her heart thundering against her ribcage. Her gut whispered this is not good but her mind was suddenly intoned with the music. The sporadic fluctuation of the eerie music lulled her to sleep with panic coursing through her body.

Apparently, it was only Lucy who heard this mixture of deadly music. Everyone did keep their voice low when Lucy asked to listen but then they horrifically saw Lucy smile as her brows started to drip in sweat. Her unnatural smile scared her friends and sisters alike yet they knew it was not fine with the way her body was shuddering slightly with sweating. It was bizarre.

Also, they were in a kind of trance making them sit still, watching Lucy. Suddenly Katie broke free and jumped to shake Lucy wildly. But by then, it was too late. Lucy had fallen asleep.