5

I love that mansion in the media, it's appropriate; but it's all evergreen than what I had in mind LOL But it fits ;) Dont you love it?

    💀5💀    

On that fine morning after the incident, the girls were resting under the oaks in their respective hammocks. Rocky, their farm dog, was bouncing up and down to get the few bits Lucy dropped from the white rolls. Em was knitting something; that only she knew because her manner of doing so was very wrong, as per Lucy. And Katie was as usual immersed in the world of classics.

And on this serene atmosphere, it was really unexpected and odd to have a request made by Lucy to take a go and see that house, up above that hill, all alone looking forlorn and abandoned. She continued and reasoned that she couldn't forget the stone mansion because she saw that house repeatedly in her dreams.        

Katie got startled by the request and looked up from her book while Em fell down from her hammock.

"What? I haven't said anything too shocking, have I?" Lucy said, suddenly worried that she might have said something bad.

Poor Lucy didn't find the catch in it. It wasn't because Em was really melodramatic that she fell from the hammock; it was because 'Lucy' never said or initiated anything beyond her comfort zone and thus hearing this bizarre request which didn't cross their mind, really surprised both girls immensely.   

"I don't know. It seemed pretty deserted and it's far away from town and home." Katie said without looking away from her book.

"But, I couldn't forget it. I felt sad for the house; I mean it was looking... never mind."

Em got up from the grass, dusting her jeans and said, "Ah, I should have known... what, was I even thinking?" she said and got into her hammock and lazily swayed.

"What?" repeated Lucy little too loudly? Katie sighed.

"Oh, that..." Em took a considerable amount of time to rile up Lucy but then dejectedly sighed and said, "I should have known my dear sister Lucy wouldn't bring out such a strange request in want of something adventurous." Em's eyes twinkled. She sat up with her legs dangling down and said very dramatically, "I should have known that she would have such a request only because she felt sad... for that lonely house. Oh, our kind old sweet Lucy," Em mocked.

"That is not what I mean," Lucy said in a childlike voice.

"I don't see why we can't and why we should. But, if this interests you very much; we can try it out. However, I am sure, parents won't like this. So, we should do this without letting them know." Katie said, finally keeping her book down.

"Yes, I just need to take a look around, that's all." Lucy was suddenly excited like a wild puppy who heard the word walk and run. Rocky growled suddenly without any reason but he was ignored by the excitement.

Within minutes, they were ready and got the permission by saying they were going for a ride. Their fathers were home and Katie for a second thought they would say against this but luckily they didn't. However, Julie insisted she packs a picnic lunch and thus thrust a wicker box into their hands as a parting word.

Setting out in the charming weather made Em feel as if they were famous five out for adventures and her chatting made the journey seem short. Too soon for their liking, they reached the place.

After the last town, there is a farm with a small cottage in the far end. Beyond that farm is thick foliage which wasn't exactly woods but overgrown that masked the road from then. The muddy road leads from the thick foliage to the gates of the mansion and then winds down after few yards to a sharp turn to the right. The girls guessed that the road might take them to the Bridgeton Woods' although they were not sure about this part since it was very far away from their house. And their fathers have never let them out of Sandy Street-- next town, few miles from their hometown.