Chapter 1✧The Pentagon

"Get her to the hospital! Now! She might be able to survive!"

•_•

"Move! Move! We need to get her on a surgery table now!"

•_•

"It's impossible! Her blood is made out of high radiation"

"I'll figure it out! I'm not leaving her like this!"

•_•

"She's flatlining! She flatlining! Get the defibrillator ready!"

"Is she going to make it?"

"We are about to find out"

•_•

"How is she?"

"Stable for now. She as many wounds, many scars, that poisonous smoke gave her permanent burns on her arms, neck, legs. She also as some marks on the right side of her face."

Someone started knocking aggressively on the door of the surgery room.

"They are going to want her"

"We shouldn't put up a fight"

"They will lock her up"

"They will be after her. She isn't in the right state to be on the run. She's to weak"

"So what, we leave her with them!"

"Do you have a better idea..."

•_•

Anna woke up crying. Every night she would have the same dream. She would always see them in her head, all the time, it's been this way for five years. She wishes she could see them in real life, talk to them. Talk to Geyr, talk to Wanda, talk to Sam. But she's been locked up inside the pentagone, in a cell made for people like her. It was way down in the ground, impossible to escape of. The glass on the ceiling was made specially to contain her and all there was in the room was a bed.

So much as happened, she's now 18, Anna is 18. She started to think about it again, how from the age of thirteen to now she's been away from civilization. She started to cry. She knew this was what she deserved but she just missed her friends so much. Only if she didn't go attack Kai five years ago. Only if she didn't turn into a nuclear bomb and kill all those people. Only if.... it's all if's and buts. Anna did what she did and the damage was done. She couldn't go back.

"Good morning Anna" Said a voice. It was coming from
The speakers.

Anna rolled her eyes and sat on the bed.

"How are you feeling this morning?" Asked the man in the speakers

Anna didn't answer, she only grunted. "Sally will be down in a moment. She'll bring you breakfast and then start your therapy session"

Everyday a women named Sally would come down to see Anna. It's only recently that the women would go and see her in person. Anna wasn't that much of a danger anymore, she would always comply and listen to the rules. Sally arrived shortly and had a plate of eggs and bacon with toast.

"Hello Anna" she said

Anna jumped off her bed and grabbed the plate of food and started to eat, she was starving. Once Anna was done eating, she went to sit on her bed as Sally walked around the room.

"How did you sleep?" Sally asked

"What do you think" Anna answered

"Still had that dream?" Sally asked

"Memory" Anna corrected

"And how are you feeling today Anna?" Sally continued

"Um, I don't know. I just, I just regret everything, all my decisions" Anna replied

"You seem to been feeling like this a lot lately"

"Well, if you haven't noticed I've been locked up in the pentagon for five years. I miss Wanda so much, I just wish I was anywhere but here so yeah it's normal I regret everything and feel this way all the time!"

Anna was already annoyed, she couldn't wait for Sally to leave.

"And how are you dealing with this?"

"I'm not! How can I."

"Are you sorry about the mistakes you've made?"

"Obviously. Look are we done, you are always asking me the same questions and you just make me feel worse about myself"

"One last thing then we are done. If you ever get out, what would you do out there?"

Anna took a deep breath. She thought about this often. "I would go find Wanda. Ask her to come with me, we could find a nice place to live together and I could start over. I would also go find Geyr. I'd want him to know I was out. I mean he as saved me multiple times." Anna explained.

"Do you think Wanda will be happy to see you?" Sally then asked. Anna was taken aback by this question.

"I don't see why not. She's like my older sister and I knew she feels the same about me" Anna said

Sally nodded "alright, I guess we are done for today. I'll see you tomorrow Anna" Sally walked over to the wall were there was an electric pad. She put her finger print on it, then put in a password and then she had to scan her eye before the wall turned into a door and she walked out.

Anna layed down on the bed and let out a long sigh.

"Hey George?" Anna said.

"Yes Anna?" Said the man in the speaker. George isn't supposed to tell Anna his name but he's been watching her from the security camera's for so long he decided to tell her. He knew her name so it was only right for her to know his.

"Do you think I'm a bad person?" Anna asked

"I can't answer that" George answered

"Why not?" Anna asked

"We aren't even supposed to have conversations. I'm only supposed to use the speakers to give you information." George said

"You aren't supposed to talk to me yet it's okay for you to watch me all the time" Anna said annoyed

The was a moment of silence "no Anna, I don't think you're a bad person" George finally answered

She was actually surprised to hear that. Almost everyone thought she was a bad person. She guessed he probably said that since he knew her. They would have conversations almost every day. George once got caught talking to her and got in a lot of trouble. He had disappeared for a couple of days. She had always wondered how he looked like. Maybe one day if she got out she would see him.

Anna heard a sudden sound, someone seemed to be trying to get inside her cell. "George? Who's here?" Anna asked

"I don't know. I wasn't inform you'd have visitors" George replied.

The door opened and five officers accompanied by another man who seemed important walked in.

"Miss Schneider, will you please come with us. You are being released" Said the man...

Author's note: So this is the first chapter of book two. Looks like Anna is all grown up now. I hope you enjoyed this first chapter. Anna as a lot to catch up to and so many things are a waiting her once she's out. Tell me what you think in the comments and don't forget to vote and share with your friends:)

-Dalila