Chapter 10✧Worries

It was two hours before opening and AJ was mopping the floors and cleaning the gym. He put away the boxing gloves that were layng on the floor back in the back where they belonged. As he put stuff back on the shelves, he heard knocking at the front door. He put everything down and saw a small shadow standing there. He opened the door and looked at those blue and green eyes that were so heard to miss.

  "come on in... Anna" Said AJ

The two went to the back of the gym where AJ had his 'office'. Anna sat on once chair as AJ sat at the other. They didn't say anything to each other, Anna had her fingers in her mouth the whole time bitting all her nails off, she was nervous yet she didn't know why. 

  "Do you want anything? Water maybe?" AJ asked trying to make Anna feels more comfortable

  "Yes, thank you" Anna replied

AJ got up and took a cup from the cup pile next to the water cooler and filled it. He brought it back to Anna and she drank it. 

  "How did this happen to you?" Anna suddenly asked 

  "This? What's this?" AJ asked

  "Your arms, how did that happen to you, how did you become powered?" 

AJ didn't say anything for a while and smirked, as it after she asked that question he started to rethink about what had happened to him all those years ago...

 "When I was younger, I was careless and foolish. I always thought I was the strongest kid in the world because my father was a boxer and showed me some fighting tricks. I would often get into fights just for fun. I would often pick on kids who were smaller then me, that I knew I could beat, I guess you could say I was a bully. One day, some of the bigger and stronger kids wanted a piece of me, they wanted to see if I was as strong and I made myself out to be. And so there we were, me and John, that was the name of the kid I fought that day. There were about twenty or more people watching the fight, cheering us one, cheering for either me or him. And so we started fighting, he hit me, I hit him, but he was much bigger and stronger, and punched me so hard and I fell and hit my spine on something hard. I couldn't feel anything after that and the next thing I knew, I was at the hospital and I couldn't move my arms, nor my neck, my whole upper body was paralysed." AJ started, he took a moment before continuing his story "And so, I was destroyed, how could I live, when the thing I claimed to be my prize possetion couldn't move, I was broken. But one day, this doctor came in and said that he had a cure, but that it might not work since it was still being developped. I agreed to do this experiment, anything to get my movement out. It was the worse thing I've  ever felt. My body was in so much pain, all those needles they put inside of me and when I came out, I didn't just come out with my body and movement back, but with this" 

AJ lifted his arms and showed them to Anna as they turned to metal. "The people who did this to me followed me for years, it drove me crazy, they tried to turn me into something I wasn't, but I was able to get away, and I came here and started over" 

 "Who did this to you?" Anna asked, she wanted to know if it was the same people who did this to her, who took her

 "I don't know, all I know is that they had this symbole" AJ added

 "Symbole, what symbole?" She wanted him to say it

Before AJ had the chance to say anything there was knocking at the front door. He got up from his chair and left the office to go to the door. Outside stood a boy, a boy that he recognised, it was Peter. AJ opened the door and the Peter walked inside. 

  "Have you seen Nina? Is she here, I don't know where she went, I'm worried, she didn't say anything" Peter said to AJ

Anna heard Peter talking and her heart started beating quickly. She wasn't sure if she should tell him she was here, she wasn't sure if it was safe. She decided to stay hidden and waited to see what AJ would say.

  "I haven't seen her, but if I do, you'll be the first one to know" AJ answered 

Peter was still worried sick, he didn't understand where she could've gone and why she just left... Peter left the gym and AJ went back to his office to see Anna. 

 "Why didn't you tell him I was here?" Anna asked

 "I wasn't sure if I should" AJ said

 "It's better like that... I guess" Anna replied

AJ had to leave Anna for a while, the gym was now opened and AJ had clients to attend to. being a personal trainer for boxing took a lot of time which meant he couldn't spend his day talking to Anna. She didn't have much to do there, she didn't want to show her face scared that someone she didn't want to see would show up, like Mike. She wondered if he said anything to Peter about what happened back in the lab, if he knew about her yet. Anna didn't want to think about that anymore, she had to change her thoughts instead of being paranoid. She walked around AJ's office looking inside his drawers and books. She wasn't planning on finding anything, she was just bored and was looking for something to do while she waited for the gym to close. As she looked around, she opened this book of poems AJ had. She found it funny that a big guy like that would read a book like this. She opened it up and started to read a few pages when something fell out. She picked it up and noticed they were pictures, but not any pictures, pictures of him. She sat back down and layed them on the desk to get a better look, and each picture was as shocking as the next. 

It was pictures of him, on a hospital beds with wires sticking out of his arms, chest and shoulders. The next picture was of AJ still laying on a hospital bed with his arms cut open. Anna didn't have the heart to look at the rest of the pictures, they just got worse. She didn't understand why AJ had these pictures why he kept these hidden... 

writers note:

Hey guysssss! It's me again! sorry updates have been so slow lately I've been so busy with school. But my exams are soon over so that means more updates more often! Anyway I hope you are enjoying the story, tell me what you think in the comments:)

-Dalila