Chapter 16✧Bone

Anna was weak and didn't leave the bed for day's. Geyr continued to do test on Anna and once it was confirmed she wasn't a danger he let AJ into the room to go see her. Anna didn't speak, she practically didn't ever open her eyes. Just that took to much energy.

"So what are you telling me? She won't survive" AJ asked

"I don't know how to cure her AJ. Anna has bone cancer and it isn't any type of bone cancer. It's a rare form of it that no one has survived. The high level of radiation that she had in her body stopped the cancer from killing her. It would fix her slowly but never cure her that's why it's still there." Geyr said

"I don't understand! why can't we just put more radiation in her. Won't that fix it?" AJ said raising his voice. He didn't mean to be so rude but he couldn't help himself. He was so scared and worried for Anna. He didn't want her to die.

"We can't just put radiation in her. For all we know it could kill her. I don't know how she will react to it"

"React to it? Last time it gave her powers and saved her from cancer. What are you afraid it's going to kill her. What other choice do we have. Either the cancer kills her or the radiation does" AJ was getting agitated.

Geyr grabbed AJ and brought him in a corner away from Anna's sleeping body so they could talk calmly. The two men were stuck. They had no idea what to do. All they wanted was to save poor Anna.

"AAAAAAAAAAH" Anna suddenly yelled has her eyes shot open and her body moved in all sorts of directions.

"What's happening to her!" AJ shouted while running up to Anna.

"Don't touch her!" Geyr shouted at AJ before he had the chance to put his hands on her.

"What's happening why is she shouting in pain?" AJ's voice cracked has he spoke, like if he was about to start crying.

"It's probably the cancer taking over her body. It seems to be growing at a rapid rate. Bone cancer can be very painful" Geyr explained to AJ while kneeling down at Anna's bed. "Anna? Anna can you hear me?"

"Geyr?" She asked while tears fell down her eyes. "It hurts, everything hurts" She was sobbing now

"I'm going to make you better Anna, I promis" Geyr said while grasping her hand

"No, please no! Kill me! Please! it hurts so badly! Geyr kill me please" Anna was begging him. The way she spoke, with such a soft tone that broke both men's hearts.

Anna looked up at the ceiling, she didn't blink once. She just stared up at the light and didn't care if it blinded her. Her eyes slowly rolled behind her head and everything was dark.

"Anna? Anna?" A soft voice that seemed to come from the distance said.

Anna was sitting on a rock with a ripped dress and messy hair. Everything around her was dark, there was nothing. A figure started to walk towards her and kept on saying her name. "Anna? Anna?". Anna stood up and took a couple of steps foward until the figure came into view. It was her mother.

"Mom?" Anna said. Her voice trembling

"Anna. My daughter" She said while putting her hand on Anna's cheek and rubbed it softly.

A loud sound took over the space. Anna could no longer hear her mother speaking. The sound was like a whistle that was getting louder and louder. Anna didn't know what it was nor where it was coming from until it hit the ground and exploded. It was a bomb. The same bomb that killed her mother all those years ago. The same bomb that turned her into...

"STARK!" Anna yelled finally waking up from her dream.

"Anna! Anna what happened?" AJ asked holding onto her.

"STARK! STARK! STARK!" Anna kept on shouting.

"Why is she saying that? Why is she shouting Stark? why is she..? wait!" AJ said

"We need to get Stark! his bomb turned her into what she was. We need to get Stark and fast, I don't know how long she will last with this cancer in her body." Geyr said

"And how do you suggest we get Stark. it's not like he's just waiting for our phone call with nothing better to do" AJ said

"Now is not the time for sarcasm AJ" Geyr said getting angry. "Anyway, I know the man, and he owns me a favor anyway so he'll come and he will help Anna"

Geyr left the room and closed the door behind him without saying anything else to AJ. He stood there and watched Anna as she continued to sob slowly while she suffered in pain.

Author's note:

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! I actually posted a chapter after god knows how many months. tbh I didn't think I would ever post again. I started college this year and let me tell you I don't even have time to breath I have so much work to do! I haven't written anything in months and I miss it so much. I hope I still have people here reading my work! If you are please tell me what you think of this somewhat short chapter.

It's good to be back

-Dalila