Chapter 19✧Solitary

Anna did not want to enter the mental hospital. Something about it made her shiver. Before walking, AJ took a pair of sunglasses out of his pocket and handed it to Anna.

"It's better if you wear this. If they know you are powered it might make things a little bit more complicated." AJ explained

Anna took the glasses without question and they both walked into the mental hospital. It was just like a scene from a horror movie. The place was clean and white. Most of the window's were tinted and it was very dark inside. The first thing to be seen once inside was the front desk with a women no older then fifty sitting there. There were stacks of paper on her desk that seemed to be untouched. The women stared at Anna and AJ as they made their way towards her.

"We are here to see patient, Peter O'connor." AJ said to the women

"I'm sorry, patient Peter O'connor is not receiving any guest at the moment" replied the women.

"I'm sorry let me ask you again" AJ started while pulling out a 100 dollar bill and sliding it to the women. "we would like see patient, Peter O'connor now" AJ slid another 100 dollar bill.

The woman grabbed the 200 dollars AJ had just handed her and slid it into her pocket. She walked out from behind the desk and unlocked the door behind her. She walked inside while Anna and AJ followed. AJ and Anna passed by endless hallway's of locked doors where patient probably lived. Anna couldn't help but wonder in which one of these room's Peter was locked up in. There were screams that would appear suddenly that made Anna run away in terror. She couldn't imagine having to be locked up here all alone left with nothing but your mind. This place would make her go insane instead of helping her with her insanity. The women lead AJ and Anna to the end of a long and seemingly endless hall. There was another door which she opened with a different key. Behind that door were stairs that went down. The two followed her down the stairs. They went far down since it took awhile before making down. It was even darker here then it was upstairs. In the basement there were four doors. This was soletary section of the institute. The women pointed at the door on the furtest to the right.

"Patient Peter O'connor is there" said the women pointing at the door.

Anna walked towards the door and stared at it. I was so thick, looking at it, she felt like not ever she would be able to break through it.

"Let me in" Anna said

"That would be unwise, the patient is very unstable, dangerous" The women replied

"Did I ask what he was? No, I asked you to let me in" Anna said back at her.

AJ pulled another bill out of his pocket and gave it to the women. She walked towards the door and put her hand on a scanner. She then entered a password and put a key in the lock. The door finally opened. Sitting in the far corner of the room that was lit up by one light was Peter who was wearing a straitjacket. The walls were made from some material that Anna recognized. It looked like the type of room Anna was kept in when she was with Hydra. Peter looked pale and seemed scared. He was looking down and didn't even react when the door opened. Anna didn't know what Peter went through but she knows he went through a lot. Anna pulled her sun glasses off and slowly started walking closer to Peter.

"Peter, Peter it's me" Anna said with a soft voice but Peter did not answer. She got closer to him and looked behind her to look at the women before saying anything else. "Come on Peter, we are here to get you out" Anna added.

Peter slowly lifted his head and looked at Anna, there was nothing ut hate in his eyes.

"You did this to me!" Peter shouted. He tried to take the straitjacket off but it wasn't working. His body slowly started to float upwards. The women ran inside the room and shot Peter with a taser. Whatever voltage was in there was strong because he fell flat onto his back. The women grabbed Anna who quickly put the sun glasses back on and pull her out of the room and shut the door behind them.

"It's time to go" The woman said

"No! I'm not done" Anna shouted

"You wanted to see him, you saw him" The woman said more agressively.

AJ and Anna left the mental hospital and got back in the car.

"I can't believe you AJ! Why did you pull me out of there. I was going to get him out. You didn't even try to fight to stay" Anna was raging.

"Calm down Anna! Now is not the time to start yelling at me. I didn't you here to get him out. Not yet at least. I took some the files off her desk on our way out. And now that we know were Peter is in that hospital we could get him without leaving a trace." AJ said to her

"Who cares about leaving a trace" Anna replied

"Do you have any idea what you have done! You destroyed almost half a school, probably all those boy's that were in that lab with you will die and Peter is locked up in mental hospital because he has powers now. Everyone knows you are back, which mean's Hydra will probably try to find you again. The autorities have put heavy security everywhere. They consider people like you and me to be a threat. This is why we can't keep on ruining things and killing things Anna." AJ said trying not to shout at her.

Anna had nothing left to say. She felt guilty, so very guilty. The drive back to Geyr's home was long and silent. Anna did everything she could to keep her tears hidden away. Once they got back Anna walked inside the house. She passed in front of Stark, Wanda and Geyr without saying a word while AJ followed behind with the files in his hands.

"What happened?" Geyr asked "is she okay?"

"Yes, she's just upset." AJ replied as he sat down at the table and put the files down.

AJ pulled Peter's file away from the other's but still took the time to look through all of them. There was one file AJ was shocked to see. The name written on it was Alexander smith. AJ hadn't seen his name in a long time...