Chapter 22✧Sirens

It didn't take long before the autorities stormed around the mental hospital. There were everywhere probably standing there with guns pointing at every exit. Wanda no longer had a hold of the women. She was standing in the corner of the room freaking out that Peter got out.

"Look what you did! He got out! He got out!" Shouted the women in panic

"None of this would've happened if you didn't lock him up in the first place" Anna shouted back.

Anna was ready to go at her. AJ saw how angry she was getting and grabbed her and pulled her back.

"Anna calm down" AJ said to her

Anna pulled herself away from him. The anger that was building up inside her became sadness and tears started to drip down her face. She started thinking about Peter how he pushed her away. She told herself he probably just didn't recognize her because of what these people did to him. Being locked away messed with his head.

"What did you do to him? Why is he like this?" Anna asked the women

"I didn't do anything to him. I told you he was dangerous but no one listened. We would try to help him and he would just attack us we had no choice but to put him down here. He hates himself and what he is, it shows in his eyes" The women said

"Please walk out of the building with your hands up. We know you are in there" Shouted a voice coming from the outside.

"This isn't important right now! What important is that there is military standing around this building and we have to get out" Wanda said cutting in the conversation "And we have to go find Peter before he hurts anyone"

"Alright then. Look you need to open that door now" AJ said to the women pointing at Alexander's door.

"No! No more! I'm going to be in enough trouble with one patient out" The women said

"Either you do, or she'll make you doing" AJ added speaking of wanda.

The women looked at her afraid, she knew this wasn't a joke. She did as was told and unlocked Alexander's door. AJ ran inside the room, Alexander looked at him with hope in his eyes. AJ took the odd helmet that was attached to his head off and ripped the jacket that was attached to him off.

"Hey it's me! you remember me right! Come on I'm getting you out of here" AJ said to the boy.

He seemed very tired and weak, AJ had to practically carry him out of the room. "Lest get out of here" AJ added

Wanda, AJ, Anna and Alexander made their way up the stairs. There was a large hole in the wall caused by Peter most probably. Looking through the whole they could see all sorts of police officers with their weapons out waiting for them to come out of the building. They had to get to the car which was impossible to get to without being seem. Anna looked around and saw all the cops cars around. She stared at them, all of them and the sirens started to go off. Anna, with her radiation was able to manipulate the radio waves. The officers all turned around wondering what was going on. They tried turning it off but it wasn't working. While Anna was making it louder and louder, Wanda, AJ and Alexander where able to pass by the giant hole and make it across to the other part of the hospital without being seen because the police were to occupied trying to figure out why the sirens where going on.

"On my signal run to the car and if I were you, I wouldn't look up." Anna said to Wanda and AJ

Anna took a deap breath and put her hands infront of her. A heat wave of radiation left her body and went outside. The police could feel the heat around them and this nauseating feeling took over their bodies. A few of the officers started to pass out while other vomitted.

"I guess that's the signal" AJ pointed out and ran out of the hospital with Alexander hanging off him and Wanda following close behind.

One by one the officers were falling to their ground dropping their guns and unable to stop Anna and the rest. Once everyone seemed to be down Anna ran out of the hospital and made her way to the car.

"STOP!" Shouted a man

Anna turned around. There was one officer who was still concious but he was very pale, soon to pass out. He had a gun pointed at Anna.

"Put your hands up" He shouted, his hands shaking.

Anna clenched her fist and the gun broke in his hands. She stared at him a little longer and he was finally out cold. She ran towards the car and got inside. AJ started the engine and they were off.

"Where are we going?" Anna asked

"I'm bringing you and Alexander back home" AJ replied

Alexander was sitting in the back seat with Wanda, he didn't say a word, he seemed lifeless.

"What! No you are not! I have to go look for Peter" Anna objected

"After what happened no way! And with all those cops around. They will take you Anna. Plus we need to make sure Alexander is okay." AJ added

Anna didn't like agree nor like that answer and she was fed up. Right now she was thinking about herself, she was thinking about Peter. Anna put her hand on the dash board and stopped the car.

"What the hell are you doing!" AJ shouted

Anna opened the door to the car and ran out.

"Anna! Anna! Get back here!" AJ kept on shouting.

Anna didn't listen and kept on running, AJ went to open the door but Wanda stopped him. "Let her AJ. She won't listen to you, anyway, we need to get Alexander to safety." Wanda said

Against what AJ wanted he decided to listen to her because she was right. He started the the engine again and watched Anna run before taking off.

Anna started walking around the city where the cops started to come to again and started looking for Peter. She did her best not to be spotted because she knew they would take her. She didn't know where to start looking. The first place she decided to go to was Peter's house. When she got there she found cop car all around the house. She knew he wouldn't be there. She decided to make her way towards the university. On her way there she passed by a junk yard. She heard a loud noise that peeked her interest. She decided to follow the noise and there he was, sitting on some junk. He watched as Anna made her way towards him.

"Peter, you can't stay here, they are looking for you" Anna said to him.

"You think I don't hear the sirens" Replied Peter with a cold tone.

"Come on, I could help you, come with me" Anna added

"Help me. Did you not see what you did to me. This is because of you. All of it. I saw everything you did in the university. I felt everything, my friends will probably die of cancer, while I am cursed. I want you to see what you did." Peter said to her.

He clenched his fist and the ruined junk car behind him got crushed. Anna stared in fear. Not because of what he could do, but because of the anger and hate he had in his eyes.

The sound of sirens started to appear. It was getting closer and closer, Anna knew the cops were on their way here...

Author's note:

Sorry for the slow update! College started again. Anyway hope you enjoyed this chapter. Tell me what you thought in the comments!

-Dalila