Chapter 11✧The files

Anna couldn't get the images of AJ out of her head. What was done to him was disturbing. It got her thinking about all those years ago, all those experiments the bad men would do on her. The needles and the test, things that would make her sick, afraid, a monster. 

"Anna? Are you okay?" AJ went to sit next to Anna. They were in AJ's living room.

AJ had a small appartment over the boxing gym, that was were Anna was going to stay for now until she figured out what to do next.

"I have something to confess" Anna said to him

"what?" AJ asked

"Earlier today, when you left me in the office while you were working, I saw something, something that I probably shouldn't have but I did. I found these pictures, pictures of you, in the hospital, becoming what you are now" Anna explained

"Ah, you found my pictures" 

"Why do you have those, why would you want to keep that?"

"So I always remember what as been done to me. I took it from them, the people who gave me these abilities. They had pictures of all their victimes, I took those too. I've been wanting to find them, help them, the others." 

"How many more?" 

"About a dozen" 

What AJ was saying to Anna picked her intrest. Finding the other victimes of these experiments was something she wanted to do. 

"Can see the other pictures?" Anna asked 

AJ didn't seem sure about saying yes but he knew that even if he said no Anna would find a way to get them. 

He left the living room and went down to the gym's office and went to get the files with the pictures. Once he got back upstairs he layed them all on the coffee table. Each of the files had the names of the victimes of them. Anna picked the file with the name Emma Bane. She opened it and took out the pictures. She was expecting to see pictures of the girl with wires sticking out of her but it was different. She was in some type of large contaner, her body looked lifeless yet the monitor next to her said other wise. In the next picture the girl Emma was no longer sleeping. She was sitting on a chair, her eyes were red and wide opened. She was shouting as two men put needles in her neck. The most disurbing part was that the girl seemed to be no older then twelve. It made Anna think of herself. The next file Anna took was of boy named Alexander Smith. Something about the pictures in his file scared her. In the first picture he was strapped to a chair with a metal cap on his head with about ten men standing around him with guns. Two scientist stood next to him, one was putting a long needle into his neck while the other held a monitor in his hands. The thing that scared Anna wasn't the scene of the picture but of the boy himself. He didn't seem afraid of what was happening to him unlike the others. He seemed in pain yet he wasn't showing it. Anna was trying to figure out the expression he was trying to show, it oddly seemed like he as determined. Anna turned the page of the file and on the next picture the two scientist were on the ground, probably dead while the men holding the guns were screaming while looking terrified and finally on the third picture the boy was shot in the chest and most of the armed men where back to normal while the others were dead. 

"What did he do to them?" Anna asked AJ

"I'm not to sure. In his files it says he his capable of mental manipulation or fear manipulation and reality warping" AJ replied 

"They killed him?" Anna added

"I don't think so, in his file it says that he's alive" AJ answered

Mental manipulation, fear manipulation, that made Anna think of Wanda. She so missed Wanda. Anna kept on lookg through the files until she saw a name that shocked her, it was her name. AJ grabbed the file before Anna could. 

"Why do you have that! Give it to me!" Anna demanded 

"Anna..." AJ started

"You have my file, why do you have that. You knew about me this whole time, you knew everything! What the fuck AJ, that thing about seeing me that night was all a lie wasn't it, you already knew who I was" Anna was getting upset

She grabbed the file out of AJ's hands and opened it. There was a picture of her in the hospital the night of the bombing, then another of her in that lab while the scientist experimented on her.

"I can't believe you kept these from me. You already knew everything about me!" Anna was almost shouting. 

"Anna please calm down" AJ said and grabbed Anna's arm.

"Let me go" She said and focused her radiation where he held her and burned him. He shouted and let go. 

Anna stood up and made her way to the front door. 

"Where are you going?" AJ asked

"Somewhere" Anna replied coldly and walked out. 

AJ didn't run after her, he knew she would need a moment to cool down before he could talk to her again. And even if he did try to talk to her now, she would probably just burn him with her radiation again.