Chapter 2✧San Francisco

Anna was given some new clothes. A green T-shirt with black jeans. They weren't her clothes, she wondered where they had come from.

  "Do you have anything with long sleeves?" Anna asked.

The men who had come to get her turned around "No" one of them said abruptly

Anna looked down at her arms, filled with scars and she still had glowing blue marks. She didn't want people to see them. She didn't even want to see them.

  "Come on lest go" Said another man who seemed to be in a rush.

Anna's heart was beating quickly. She was so nervous, it's been so long, as anything changed? She never thought that she would be out so soon, she still thought she was in for another good five years. The men escorted her out of the pentagon, she never realized how big this place actually was.

They walked her to a black government car. "We leave you here. This man in this car will bring you anywhere you want to go."

Anna nodded, she was happy yet scared to be back out in the world. She got into the car and sat down.

  "Where are we heading off to?" The man asked

Anna took a moment to think. Where did she want to go. She could go anywhere to restart her life. She had to pick a good place. She wanted to go somewhere sunny, where the day's always looked happy. She wanted to go somewhere fun.

  "San Francisco" Anna finally answered

•_•

The man dropped Anna off in front of an ugly motel in San Francisco. She got out of the car and before she had the chance to walk away the man called her over. He pulled out 200$ and gave it to her. "It's your gate money. Use it to pay rent and get food or whatever. Oh and get a job, you'll need it"

The man then took of and Anna was officially on her own... alone. She was in San Francisco, a place she's never been before alone with only 200$ on her. She should've just gone to look for Wanda straight away but she wanted to get her life together first. Anna made her way inside the motel, an elderly lady stood at the counter.

  "Hello" Smiled the women. "Name please"

Anna took a moment before saying her name. She didn't want to give her real one, that was unwise, she didn't want to be recognized. "Nina Hadler" Anna said to the lady.

The women wrote it down "from how long are you staying?" She then asked

  "Hum, i dont know, A week for now I guess" Anna replied

  "That will be 160$" the lady added

Anna's heart skipped a beat. 160 dollars! She only had 200, she'd only be left with 40 after today. She had to do something, she was going to die in the streets or else. Anna started to cry and fell to her knees, the women on the other side of the counter ran over to Anna.

  "Are you okay?" The elderly women asked worried

  "My house was burned down just a few days ago. I was fired from my job and I only have 200$. I don't know what to do! I have burn marks all over my skin I barely made it out" Anna cried out.

The lady looked at Anna's arms and then her face to see the burn marks that she was talking about. She saw that Anna was young and felt bad for the girl. "It's okay, it's okay. How about I give you the first week free of charge" The women said

Anna turned her head to look at her. "Really?" She asked

"Yes" The women answered with a sympathizing look on her face.

Anna hug the lady "thank you so much" she said

The two girls then got back up. The nice old women got Anna they key to her room.

  "Here you go sweety. If you need anything just ask" The lady said.

Anna took the key and made her way to her new room. She whipped her fake tears away and went inside the room. She flopped onto the bed and looked up at the ceiling. She then turned her head and saw a note pad and a pen on the table next to her. She sat up and ripped a piece of paper off the note pad and started to write.

Dear Wanda

They let me leave today. They asked me where I wanted to go. I said San Francisco. I don't know why, it looked like a good place to go. I don't know if you're still staying at Sam's house but I'll come and see you soon, I just want to get my life together first. If you ever see Geyr tell him I say hi.

Anna

Anna folded the piece of paper and looked around the room for an envelope. She found one of the desk nearest to the door. Anna walked out of the room and went to the front desk were the old lady was. She gave the lady the envelope and asked her if she could help her mail it to Sam Wilson's address.

  "Of course I will" The women said to Anna and took the letter.

  "Do you know any place were I could get a job?" Anna then asked

The women didn't answer straight away "I think two streets down there is a car wash that is looking for people" the women answered

  "Okay Thank you" Anna replied.

She made her way to the cool water car wash two streets down. She made her way inside and went to see the man at the desk.

  "I was told you were looking for people to work" Anna said

  "CV please" The man said not paying any attention to Anna as he just kept on reading his magazine.

  "Uh, I don't have one" Anna answered

  "No CV no job" he said

  "Please! I really need a job. I have nothing. I'm a hard worker just please give me a chance" Anna practically begged.

The man sighed and finally looked up. She stared at Anna analyzing her.

  "Whats your name?" He asked

  "Nina Hadler" She answered

  "How old are you?" He then continued

  "I'm 18 years old" She replied

  "Your not from here are you. Is that a german accent?"

  "Yes it is"

The man was staring at Anna's eyes, those blue and green eyes. She looked down she didn't like it when people stared at her eyes. She felt like the man was starting to figure her out. Even if she was older and didn't really look like  her thirteen year old self anymore she still felt like he recognized her.

  "I'm actually from Berlin" Anna then lied.

The man nodded and looked at the scars on her arms and face. Anna put her hand over her glowing blue marks before he noticed them.

  "How did you get those burns?" He then asked

  "My house caught fire. Burned to the ground. I barely made it out" Anna lied once again.

The man seemed surprised by that. He wasn't expecting that. He took a deep breath and took something out from under te desk.

  "You start tomorrow. Be here at 8 o'clock sharp." The man said giving her a t-shirt with the abbreviation CWCW.

Anna smiled and took the shirt. "Thank you!" She exclaimed and left the shop happily.

She didn't go start back to the motel. She decided to walk around a bit before to get a little more familiar with the city. As she walked, not to far from the car wash there was a gym. It was small but looked interesting. Anna decided to go give it a look. She walked inside and realized it was actually a boxing gym. There weren't many people and it was small. Anna started to think, boxing seemed like a good thing to know. Instead of using her powers learning some new fighting tricks could be useful to defend herself...