Chapter 7

Previously on Chapter 6

We finally manage to get out. "Newt... Put me down...." He did. Once I made sure everyone is out. I use sand bending and drown the building. Then I collapse. Newt caught me. "Newt.... It hurts" I moan in pain. "Love... Please... Hang in there" he cried. Then I feel something. I look at my leg to see its healing.... Fast. Until the scars is gone, like it was never there in the first place. I look at Newt and smile happily. But then I remember Winston. "I wish I could use it to you" I say crying. He just smile weakly at me. Then....

-Death of a Dear Friend-

Y/N P.O.V

We keep walking forward the desert looking for a place to stay for the night. Winston can't walk on his own because of his injuries. So Thomas dragged him on a handmade carrier.

I really wish I could use my ability to heal him just like my leg, but I didn't know how... guess I'm not strong enough, I didn't know my full potential. While walking.... I would occasionally would look back to check on Winston to make sure he's doing okay. But I know... That he won't last any longer. I sigh and continue walking. I'm so thirsty but our water supply has run out about an hour ago.

But then I remember.... I can water bend! Maybe if I use it.... I could get some water. We all know that deep under a desert there will be a water. I stop causing Newt to stop as well and turn to me. "Love? Why are you stopping?" "I just remember something... I'm gonna try it." He just look at me confused. I walk towards the forwards a little away from everyone. I start to do a little movement gaining a confused look from everyone.

After a while water starts to appear from under the desert sand. Everyone eyes widened. "I did it!" I cheers. But the water is not that much. I walk towards Winston since he's injured he probably need it more. "Winston.... Open up your mouth. So you could drink this" I say gently and he did as I told. I make the water form into a ball and bend it towards Winston letting him took a sip of it. "Thank you..." He say weakly, I just smile at him. I did the same with the others, Newt insist that I give the water to the others first.

Only a little left.... Enough for one gulp. The only one haven't drink is Newt and me "You have it, Love" I shook my head "no Newt you have it" "no..." "Newt! I'm gonna be fine. You have it. Beside I can bend more" "then you have it... I'll take the next one" "please?" "No" I sigh and split it up more. I took a gulp on mine and bend it towards his mouth. "There I've drink... You have it" he hesitated a bit before complying. I smile.

We continue our way. After a while of walking up the hill, we finally finding a shade under a big rock to rest and hide from the heat of the sun. Suddenly Winston collapse. So we pick him up and start walking towards the rock for shade. We took a cover under the big rock and rest for a bit. I walk forward into the sun and look to the distant, to see if I could find anything. But nothing. Newt come and join me wrapping his arms around me from behind.

We stood there for a moment, when a scream caught our attention. We ran back towards the others to see Winston trying to grab a gun. He collapse again coughing up some blood. He lay on his back. "It's growing.... Inside me..." He say weakly while lifting up his shirt showing his stomach, which look really bad black veins popping out on his stomach. My hand went to my mouth and I choke a sob. Newt went to me and hug me. He reach out for us "please... Don't let me turn into those thing" he plead. Newt look at Frypan who's holding the gun.

(This is the saddest part of this movie. I'm holding back my tears 😢)

Newt walk back to me and wrap his arms around my shoulder. I buried my head on his neck. One by one we.... Except Teresa who's just standing where she is, and said our last goodbyes to Winston. I was the second last before Thomas. I kneel down next to Winston "goodbye buddy.... I'm sorry I couldn't save you." I say as a tear escape my eyes. "It's okay... You did your best protecting us" he say smiling really weakly. More tears escape my eyes. "Get out of here, Y/N. Be safe..." I nod and stood up walking back to Newt who's waiting for me. When I reach to him he grab my hand, we start to walk forward. It's Thomas turn to say goodbye.

After a while Thomas join us. We kept walking until a gun shot was heard, we stop dead in our tracks. I start to cry harder and Newt hug me. "Shhh.... He's in the better place now. At least he gets what he wants and didn't turn into those Cranks" Newt whispers softly trying his best to soothe me down. After a while I finally calm down. We pulled away and Newt nod to the others indicating I was okay to go. Then we start to continue our way.

Today.... I lost another person of my dearest friends. Why do I keep failing to protect them? I try my hardest to use my ability, not caring about myself to keep those I care about safe. But I always failed. I'm sorry.... Winston. I'm sorry I didn't protect you

*to be continued*

A/N: this part of the movie is the one that always brought me into tears. It's so sad to watch our friends died. Loosing a close friend is like loosing a family to me. Especially if we spent most of our time together... Don't you guys agree? Anyway thanks for reading. Leave a comment if you like this story or if you want me to have a little change. Bye!!