Chapter 8

Previously on Chapter 7

After a while Thomas join us. We kept walking until a gun shot was heard, we stop dead in our tracks. I start to cry harder and Newt hug me. "Shhh.... He's in the better place now. At least he gets what he wants and didn't turn into those Cranks" Newt whispers softly trying his best to soothe me down. After a while I finally calm down. We pulled away and Newt nod to the others indicating I was okay to go. Then we start to continue our way.

Today.... I lost another person of my dearest friends. Why do I keep failing to protect them? I try my hardest to use my ability, not caring about myself to keep those I care about safe. But I always failed. I'm sorry.... Winston. I'm sorry I didn't protect you

-Shocking Confession-

Y/N P.O.V

We keep walking towards the mountain, Thomas told us that he heard someone mentioning about people living behind a mountain. So that's where we are going. It's really hot out here. I don't remember the sun being this hot. But obviously it will be, since it was The Flare that changed all this.

This is all too much. I'm walking side by side with Newt. He's wrapping his arm around my shoulder. My eyes sight starting to get blurry. Newt notice that I'm starting to slow down, so he ask "Love? Are you okay?" "Yeah.... I'm gonna be okay" I say softly while leaning my head on his shoulder. He caress my cheek softly. But then he recoil from doing so, and his expression changed. "Y/N.... You're burning up!" Newt exclaim, catching everyone's attention. Great.... The last thing I need is everyone worrying about me. "What?" Thomas said walking towards me and place his hand on my forehead "you're right Newt, she's burning up." I shook my head "guys don't worry.... I'm gonna be f-" I didn't get to finish my word as I collapse but still have my consciousness. Newt caught me "you're not okay, Y/N." "Sorry to be a burden in this kind of situation" I say. "No... Don't say that, it's not your fault for being sick, Love" he said softly and everyone else who's crowding around me nod their head.

"She's probably sick because of the dehydration" Clint said checking me (I don't know if he join the escape from the maze because I don't remember who is who all I know is Thomas, Newt, Teresa, Frypan, Clint, Jeff, Chuck, Gally, Alby, Aris... That's all the cast I remember. So just went along with it) he's our Med-jack after all. "That's bad, we don't have water at all" Jeff said. Newt look down at me with sad eyes, since I'm still on sitting position, my head is leaning against Newt's chest. I use the power I have and lift up my hand and place it on Newt's cheek, caressing it softly "don't worry... I'm gonna be fine" I say softly and weakly. Newt place his hand on top of mine kissing the palm of my hand. Then I feel my hand getting wet from tears, Newt's tears.... He's crying.

"I'm so sorry, Love. I can't do anything to help you." I shook my head "don't be sorry, it's not your fault I'm in this situation" then we notice it's getting a bit late, and the temperature going down drastically, to the point it was freezing cold. Newt hug me closer to keep me warm. We all lay down to get some rest. In the middle of the night I was a awoken by a light from the distant. I notice Thomas is also awake. "Guys! Guys, wake up" Thomas yelled to everyone. After everyone is awake. Thomas point to the distant "look guys! We made it" he say happily. But then we hear thunder behind us. We quickly turn around and start running, I'm still sick so I couldn't run fast. Thomas notice this, so he pick me up and start running.

We keep trying our best to avoid being struck by the lightning. But then one struck the metal box sending me flying out of Thomas hands. I groan in pain. "Y/N!" Newt screamed out. He run and pick me up. I look back to see Minho is being carried by Thomas. By the look of it he's being struck by the lightning. We enter the building. Newt place me gently on the ground. They try to save Minho. He finally cough indicating he's breathing. But then Newt got up and push Thomas "be careful will you?! You're carrying Y/N, what happens if she got hurt?!" He scream at Thomas. "Newt..." I say hoping he'd hear me. Thomas look angry as well "you're blaming me! It wasn't my intention to get struck by those damn lightning! I don't want her to get hurt either" He yelled back. "Guys stop fighting" I say weakly to them. I look at the others to see them only watching. "But she's still hurt you shuck face" "It's not on purpose! I wouldn't want the girl I love to get hurt" Newt was silent looking at Thomas wide-eyed. The rest of us has the same reaction. "You w-what?" Newt ask quietly. "Newt... I didn't mean to say that... I-" "I don't want to bloody hear it!" Newt scream at Thomas. He was about to charge at Thomas. I quickly force myself to get up and stop Newt from doing so. "Why are you stopping my Y/N. Don't tell me you love him too?" "Newt! It's not like that.... I love Thomas as a Brother. I've been gaining memories about my family. Thomas resembles my Brother I lost to cancer when I was a kid. That's why I love him as a brother" I say as tears escape my eyes and as I say that Thomas face turn into a hurt one. "I know she thinks of me only as a Brother Newt. That's why I try to let her go. She's with you, I accept that. I didn't mean to say that, Newt. I swear!" Newt can see the sincere in Thomas eyes and he sigh. Newt hugged Thomas "sorry Tommy. I overreacted. I almost thought you're gonna take her away from me" Newt said quietly. Thomas hug him back "it's okay. I promise that I never take her away from you"

Thomas P.O.V

I'm so stupid. I almost ruin my friendship with Newt just because I couldn't control my feelings. Thank god! he forgives me. I mean every word I've said. I would never take Y/N away from Newt. She belongs to him.

Back to Y/N P.O.V

After they hugged, Newt walk back to me and wipe my tears away. He pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry, Love. I'm sorry I reacted the way I did. I'm just afraid that I'm gonna loose you. I love you so much" Newt said. I feel my shoulder getting wet from his tears. I hug him back. "It's okay Newt. I love you too... So much" I say softly. He just hug me tighter.

Wow today was shocking. It's really shocking me that.... all this time, Thomas has feelings for me. But I love Newt. I would never betray him. I'm sorry Thomas... I couldn't return your feelings

*to be continued*

A/N: sorry about that. I just had to. But I hope you don't mind though heheh. Anyway thanks for reading. More chapter coming up. Bye!!!