Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

            I got up the next morning at 7:00AM, got ready and walked down the hallway to push Kay’s bedroom door open.  Her room was in the same state that I had left it the night before.  I pushed all negative thoughts out of my head, this was not the first time she had stayed out a few nights and I’m sure it would not be the last.  Perhaps it would even make for a great story. 

            I arrived at work early, for the first time all month, I plopped down at my desk and checked my emails…junk mail, one from my mom reminding me that I had a family dinner on Friday night and that my sister wanted to go out afterwards.  Her boyfriend must be out of town, which usually leads to an exciting night.  There was also one from Kay.  It was from Monday, she had sent me a copy of an angry email that she had gotten from one of our friends.  It was particularly nasty, the words bitch, whore, and fake appeared several times throughout.  Kay had recently had a falling out with one of our friends all attributing to a large case of misunderstanding and presumptions. 

            By the end of the day I gladly handed in my production to Ken, “that’s it, no more.  That is the best you are gonna get from me.”

He laughs as I walk out the front doors.  It felt good to leave for the day.  One more day, and since I had met production it meant that I could pretty much work ahead or slack off the rest of the day; other then the three hour meeting we always had on Fridays.