The Hogwarts Express

A week after our little incident in the woods, it was time to leave for Hogwarts. We have been going over how to get onto platform 9 ¾ for days because none of the Death Eaters can go there with us. Renevan was still going over it when he apperated us there.

  “You guys remember how to get through right?” He asked one more time. I face palmed and slid my hand down my face.

  “I don’t think we could be surer of ourselves.” I mumbled. “You should get out of here.” I said looking around at the many people who were luckily not even looking in our direction.

  “Right, well have fun.” He said quietly and apperated away. I sighed and looked to Cole and Jake who were looking wide eyed at all the people around us. They don’t get out much. Well I guess I don’t really either, but I’m surprised no one has recognized me yet. I’ve been arrested and put in Azkaban once. Yes, you are looking at the youngest prisoner to ever be thrown in Azkaban. They arrested me during a Death Eater mission and since I’m the Dark Lord’s cousin they didn’t think twice of putting me in there.

  “C’mon guys, let’s go.” I said pulling on Jake’s arm after I thought they’ve had enough gawking time. They seemed to snap out of it and we all walked to the platform. We looked around before running through the column. The sight on the other side made all three of us stop and stare. There were a ton of young wizards with their parents crying and hugging each other. I frowned at that not really understanding the feeling of sadness of a kid leaving their parent. For the three of us it’s always been the parent leaving us. The train whistle went off signaling for everyone to get on Cole, Jake, and I hurried to get on. We nervously walked down the aisle until we found an empty compartment. I sat next to Cole and across from Jake. The train was really loud, but the three of us were silent.

  “How long do you think this will take?” Jake asked breaking the silence as we started moving and everyone rushed to the window to wave to their parents one more time.

  “Too long.” I said as a ton of kids walked past our compartment noisily. We went back to silence for another hour or two. Jake had moved so he was sitting with his legs up on the seat, and Cole had his head against the window watching the countryside pass by. I was bored out of my mind and tried falling asleep a while ago, but it was too damn loud you couldn’t do anything.

  “Do either of you want to take a walk?” I pleaded. Jake nodded, but Cole just kept his head against the window.

  “Let’s go.” Jake said, “It is way too boring in here.” Thank you Jake! I mentally yelled. He opened the compartment door and walked out with me close behind him. He led the way to the right, walking slowly and looking at the people out of the corner of his eyes. We walked out of the train car filled with first years and made it to one of the houses. This one was quieter, but not by much. Towards the front were young kids, but towards the back were the older kids.  It was like this for every car, some of them louder than others. We made it to the back car, and when Jake slid open the door it was almost silent. Most people were only whispering or quietly talking. This car was perfect, and by the shade that was drawn on the door I knew it was the Slytherin car. Even better. I smiled slightly, and was hoping against hope that I was going to be put in this house.

  Once we got to the back of the train Jake turned around.

  “Are you ready to go back?” I nodded and turned so I was leading the way back. It was dark outside, so the train was lit up making it look pretty cool. I guess the darkness did something to these people, because they were finally quiet, well okay not quiet, but quieter. When we made it back to Cole he had his feet up on Jake’s seat and was leaning back with his eyes closed, but I could tell he wasn’t asleep. When we opened the door he opened his eyes and smiled over to us. I sat next to him and Jake pushed his legs down sitting across from us.

  “I think we are almost there.” He said as Jake got comfortable again.

  “Yay.” I said unenthusiastically. “These people are was too happy.”

  “That’s because they are, what’s the word, different I guess you could say. They grew up differently than us so they don’t have much to be always sad about.” Cole said.

 “Lucky. You’re right, it would probably be worse if they were always so serious.”

 “Do you mean it would be bad if they acted like you?” Jake asked.

“Yep pretty much.” I said smiling. A few minutes later we stopped and I saw the most amazing thing in my life.