Sneaking Out

Its been one month since we've been at Hogwarts, and it's getting boring. We do the same thing every single day. Wake up, go to class, study, repeat. I need to do something else, something maybe against the rules. I've been a good girl so far following the rules and doing my classwork. I need to let my Riddle blood show a little more. I don't want my cousin to think I'm a failure or anything.

I sat at the Slytherin table next to Cole at breakfast. I was staring at my untouched plate of food that was getting colder by the second. We were sitting in silence; Cole was reading the newspaper while Jake was busy stuffing food down his throat.

"Guys I think it's time we do something." I said breaking the silence between us.

"Agreed." Cole said not even looking up from the paper. "What kind of thing do you suggest we do?"

"Well, I'm not exactly sure. We could leave for a day and do something or..." I said leaving off the sentence for them to suggest something.

"If we do that we could meet Renevan or something." Cole said still not completely paying attention to the conversation.

"Yeah I like that idea." Jake said taking a break from the food inhalation.

"When should we do it?" I asked pushing my now cold food away.

"Tomorrow?" Jake suggested.

"Sure." Cole said finally putting the paper down. "He's like a brother to me, I'm sure he'll be fine with it."

I yawned. "This school is soo boring. It's not fair that you have to wait until you're older to go out and do stuff. It's like they want us to do stuff like this."

"Time for class students, breakfast is over." Dumbledore said over the loud voices of all the other students.

Everyone slowly got up and made their way to the door. Cole, Jake, and I were near the back. I groaned and leaned my head on Cole's shoulder.

"I don't know if I can stand another day of herbology. That class sucks."

"I know." Cole said patting my head. "We'll get a break tomorrow." I smiled and we walked to herbology.

******************************************************************************

Today was the day we were sneaking out. I met Cole and Jake in the Slytherin common room at 3 o'clock in the morning. There was no one there other than us and it was silent. I motioned us out without saying anything. We tip toed out into the hallway and looked both ways before quietly running up all the stairs. When we made it to the level of the Great Hall there was a man pacing the hallway. We waited for him to pass before slipping into the Great Hall. I leaned against the wall and let out a sigh of relief.

"That was close." Jake said looking around. I nodded and eyed the door that would lead to our escape.

"I let Renevan know we were coming so he should be expecting us." Cole said. "He's at his house in South London."

I nodded, "okay, let's go."

We quietly ran through the Great Hall and slipped through the front doors.

"Wow, I didn't think it'd be that easy." Cole said looking around. Just as he said that someone yelled, "Hey you! Stop right there!"

We looked around blindly in the dark but couldn't see anyone.

"Lumos." I whispered lighting the tip of my wand. I turned to the right and saw a man running towards us.

"Run!" I yelled putting out the light. We sprinted down the path to the gate where there were more men with their wands pointed at us. I put my wand back in my pocket not knowing enough spells to protect myself with it. I ran at one of them as fast as I could, dodging all the spells he was throwing at me. I slid when I got to him and tackled him to the ground. We rolled down the hill trying to get the advantage. I could tell he was trying not to hurt me, but I couldn't say the same for myself. I was trying to punch him and when I punched him he groaned and let me go. I quickly regained my senses and ran down the rest of the hill to the gate. Cole and Jake were already halfway up the gate so I jumped on and started climbing. I let out a yelp when I felt someone grab onto my ankle I kicked down and felt my foot make contact with the persons face. They let go and I quickly climbed the rest of the way up. I jumped down on the other side of the gate and the three of us ran as fast as we could.