Hogwarts: Day One

I was standing in the Slytherin common room waiting for the boys when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I immediately responded by grabbing their wrist and turning their arm to just about the breaking point.

"Lilly, it's just me!"

I looked down to see the back of Jake's head. He was on his knees and taking quick breaths.

"That's what you get for scaring me," I said clenching my teeth and releasing him. He leaned forward cradling his arm and whispering sorry. I looked up to see Cole snickering. He smiled at me and I just rolled my eyes, helping Jake up.

"So immature." I mumbled and the three of us started walking to the breakfast which I figured out last night is held in the Great Hall. We began ascending the stairs, following the crowd of older Slytherin students when the stairs suddenly started moving. I grabbed onto the railing to keep myself from falling off. There was a chorus of groans from the group ahead of us. They leaned on the railings and that's when I realized their ties and vests had green and silver on them, and most importantly, their robes had the Slytherin crest on them. I looked down and saw that my robes, tie, and vest looked the same. How I didn't notice that as I was getting dressed I have no idea. The better question was how they got there. Magic?

Anyways, I was jolted out of my thoughts when the set of stairs stopped, facing a completely different direction. The older students continued on and we quickly followed.

When we made it to the great hall there were already a ton of people there, talking and laughing really loudly. I looked over to Cole and Jake, who was still holding his arm.

"Where do you guys want to sit?" I asked, but before they could answer I heard a voice yell,

"Lilly, over here!"

I looked over and saw my cousin Ryan at the end of the table near the teachers. He was sitting with a couple other first year guys.

"Ryan!" I yelled, smiling and running over to him. he stood up and hugged me.

"I'm so glad you're not dead." he whispered into my hair.

Okay, I can see how that may be a strange thing to say to your cousin, but he has a good reason to.

"I'm so sorry, about your parents and all." He said pulling away and holding me at arms length. I looked down and nodded. I haven't seen Ryan since my parents were killed four years ago. I haven't had any contact with my moms side of the family since her death, and that includes Ryan. They all had no idea whether or not I was alive. He pulled me back in to hug me again. The best part though is who killed my mom and dad, you'll never guess! Okay you probably did, it was my other cousin, the person I've lived with for the past four years, the Dark Lord. I didn't have a choice, I was forced to live with him. He felt bad after killing them so his way of making up for it was taking in their only child, me.

This time when Ryan pulled away, the people he was sitting with were looking at us funny.

"Oh, this is my cousin." He said and they all nodded.

"Everyone please take a seat!" Professor Dumbledore said loudly. Everyone quickly went to find a seat. I sat between Ryan and Cole as Dumbledore continued talking.

"I hope everyone had a good first night at Hogwarts this year and is ready for a day of learning!" People clapped and he continued on about classes and schedules, which appeared in front of us. I looked at mine and didn't know what half of it meant. Luckily all the first year Slytherin's had all the same classes, so I can again follow the crowd.

When Dumbledore was done talking a ton of food appeared in front of us again. I don't think I'll ever get used to that. There were all different breakfast foods you could imagine. Eggs, bacon, scones, waffles, etc. I'm pretty sure this is the amount of food they have in heaven. I took some, not thinking my small stomach would be capable of taking in too much, and dug in.

Breakfast was soon over and I followed the others to our first class, which was transfiguration. It wasn't a far walk before we got there. Professor McGonagall was there and smiled when we all came in.

"Good morning class, all the Slytherin students sit on the right and Gryffindor on the left." She said standing by the front. There were tables set up so four people sat at one, two on one side and two on the other. Cole, Jake, and I went to sit at one. After we sat down Ryan came over.

"Hey guys, can I sit with you?" He asked smiling.

"Sure." Cole answered smiling back. Ryan looked a little relieved as he sat across from me and next to Jake.

Professor McGonagall started explaining what the class will be like, how we will be using our wands, going outside, and a lot of other stuff. I saw that after about ten minutes, Cole and Jake were both completely zoned out. Cole wasn't even looking in the right direction and he rocked his chair back on its two back legs.

"Right Mr. Johnson?" McGonagall asked expectantly. I hit Coles arm and he snapped out of it looking towards her.

"Yes Professor," he quickly said making her look pretty surprised. Not that Cole had any idea what he was agreeing to, but I have to say he did pretty good.

Nothing interesting happened throughout the day. All the teachers went over what the classes were going to be like and that's pretty much all that happened. It was pretty boring. The only interesting part of the day started at dinner.

........................................................

"What do you mean his ears were bigger than his body?" Cole asked flinging his arms to the sides and almost hitting me in the face.

"What do you think I mean?" Jake responded quickly.

"That's not possible!"

"Yes it is!"

They were having a very heated conversation about a Hufflepuff first year that Jake supposedly saw in the hallway.

We were sitting in our usual spot at the table; right near the teachers. Dumbledore walked over to the podium thing in front of the teachers table and said,

"Lilly Riddle please come up here." The others looked at me, pausing their stupid disagreement as I stood up. I walked up the steps and saw that all the teachers were watching.

"Hello Lilly." Dumbledore said smiling. "I was wondering if you were planning on doing anything after dinner?" I shook my head,

"No sir, only going back to the Slytherin dormitory."

He smiled,

"Okay, can you instead come with me to my office? The professors and I need to speak with you." I nodded,

"Yes sir, of course." He smiled at me and motioned for me to go sit back down.

"What was that all about?" Cole asked when I sat back down next to him. I shrugged,

"They all want to talk to me after dinner. Probably about the Dark Lord or something." He nodded.

"At least you'll have Professor Snape to back you up." I smiled slightly at that.

Professor Snape was the potions professor here at Hogwarts, but he was also one of my cousins top men. He's kind of a spy, but he mostly just likes being a professor. Or at least that's what I think, they don't always tell me the whole truth.

"When are you going?" Jake asked.

"Right after dinner."

"Be smart with what you tell them. You never know what they'll do."

• A/N •

Hello everyone! I'm sorry if this chapter is a little boring, I don't really have an excuse for why either. The next chapter won't be as bad. On another note, if anyone knows how to make a banner please comment here ------------>

And continue reading! :)